Had a mixed experience here. My wife and I were about the only guests. For the most part the service was excellent, but a few noteworthy exceptions. We had an 8:45 dinner reservation which we had made the previous week. At approximately 6, someone called the room to tell us that if we wanted to come earlier that was fine with them. We said no thank you but when we arrived on time for our reservation we were the only people in the entire restaurant so it became clear that they wanted us earlier so they could go home since there were no other guests that night. We felt awkward--like we were keeping them from leaving rather than welcomed guests spending a sum larger than the GDP of some developing nations for dinner. We were also the only guests at breakfast an the English lady who waited on us was a bit awkward. Forgot my juice and salt that I asked for and acted like I had never asked rather than simply apologizing. Also informed us that they would not be setting out the buffet that was included as no other gusts were staying. I don't necessarily blame them, but the way it was presented was just....awkward. The food is very good, but not amazing. The room we had (a junior suite) was ok but a little like my grandmother's house. The gas fireplaces would be nice but they throw way too much heat for the size of the room. It was unseasonably warm out during our visit, but if it were below zero I don't believe you could use the fireplace without melting. Bottom line is it is ok but they could do a better job with a little effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kennebunkport--jewel in the crown of the Maine Coastline, perfect for your own ideal stay. The White Barn Inn (a member of the prestigious Relais et Chateaux) offers sumptuous guestrooms that boast true luxury and comfort. Surrender to our full spa experiences... energize and beautify as our Spa Director creates your personal revitalization. And experience the only AAA 5-Diamond, Forbes 5-Star restaurant north of New York City. The setting is unique, encompassing two restored barns from the 1820's. Here savor the rich flavors of New England and coastal Maine. Your White Barn Inn experience will bring everlasting, fine memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Hotels.com so you can book your White Barn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Barn Hotel Kennebunk
- Maine White Barn Inn
- The White Barn Inn Kennebunkport Me