See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2006

Just wanted to write a review on this property seeing as when I found it online I was unable to find any reviews...
We started planning a trip to Maine for 6/5-6/12/06 about a month ago and at first weren't sure where (what town??) we wanted to stay. By looking at the city websites we felt that Kennebunk/port might be a nice area and then based our search for accomodations on budget mostly. Then we found the Ellenberger's Guest House & B&B.
Turns out Kennebunk was a great choice and the guest house is a very cute, rustic place and the owner, Roger couldn't be nicer (it rained while we were there and he felt so bad he brought over umbrellas for all of us.)
We (me, my husband, my father and my aunt) stayed in the Ship's Loft and it was nice but there were a few things lacking. The shower was very small and difficult to use as the shower head was positioned too high. There was only one outlet in the bathroom and it was positioned on that light fixture so that it was unusable. There were a few things that could have used repair but in general the loft was fairly clean (a few ants crawling around but not a huge problem) and cozy.
There was a nice kitchen with a full sized refrigerator which we promptly stocked when we arrived but then found that there were so many good restaurants in the area we could hardly force ourselves to eat in! (not necessarily a bad thing, by the way, just a warning for future visitors to southern Maine...no need to hit the grocery store!)
Basically, we were extremely satisfied with our stay, especially when the cost of the room was taken into consideration (right around $600 after taxes for the week...a great bargain once we split the costs between the four of us.) I am a very neat/clean freak when at home and although the loft wasn't necessarily how I keep my house, it was still clean (no concerns climbing under the sheets/blankets or anything) just a little older and well used.
Based on our search this was the most affordable, centrally located guest house to be found in the Kennebunk area and we would return, maybe just to a different room in the guest house (with a bigger shower!) If you're looking for an affordable stay in a nice coastal town this may be a good option for you.

4  Thank rkin