All reviews the cottages chart room dog walk area private beach acadia national park frenchman's bay heated pool bar harbor worked great visitor's center within walking distance low tide bit dated summer season two nights location is excellent nice stay
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This was our second time staying at the Colony so we were quite surprised by the condition of the #16 cottage. The overall condition was "tired" but the biggest issue was a plumbing access (approximately 18"x18") cut on the exterior of the cabin and left open to Mother Nature. A host of critters had moved in for the winter and kept us awake all night with scurrying in the walls and ceiling. This activity was accompanied by constant gnawing on the wooden structure behind and above our heads! Chomp chomp, crunch crunch for hours! When we reported this disturbance to the front office they offered only to put out a trap. No apologies, no compensation, no acknowledgement that the problem was the result of failing to cover the plumbing access. We will stay elsewhere in the future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stewart K
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

So happy to pull up to this motel on my anniversary only to discover I have to take an 18 minute detour because of road construction. While there is nothing they can do about construction, this should have been disclosed to me when I called to make the reservation so that I was aware of this major inconvenience. My fault for not being suspicious when the gentleman who took my card over the phone told me 3 times that my 1 night deposit was nonrefundable. To make matters worse, when we finally got to the desk clerk she had ZERO sympathy or understanding. She flat out told us "well there's nothing I can do about the state construction" and "you must have got the wrong way on a the detour because it's only 5 miles" (thank you I can read bright orange signs and 5 miles can easily take 20+ minutes with traffic around here) she was then very quick to remind me of the non-refundable fee that I had already paid and point blank said "are you staying here or not"

This place has questionable ethics, a bad attitude toward their very few customers, within the time it has taken me to review this I have killed 2 spiders and the bath tub has bugs and mold in it.

Save your money and stay far away. I didn't expect much being a motel but this experience already has me feeling like I've been scammed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Emily W
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We booked for 3 days weekend get away at The Colony. Great Place, price reasonable and great customer service. The front desk lady go out her way help us getting a room with kitchen to accommodate our son situation. To be able catch sun rise, right outside our room +. the only set back were the construction right in front. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for room with kitchen!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Since we always travel with our dog, I chose this place to stay. The property is large with more than enough room to walk a dog...there is even a dog walk area by cottage #28. The cottages are dated and small but adequate. We had a refrigerator and microwave in the cabin which was handy. The beds are comfortable and there are flat screen televisions with cable. The bathroom shower was tiny with a not-so-great shower curtain. The view from the property is lovely in spite of the highway construction directly in front of the property. All in all, we would stay here again since we travel with our dog...but the rooms aree tight and dated.

Room Tip: Rooms mid way on the property are best...away from the road and the darker area in back
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed at Colony over the weekend. The location wise is nothing short of perfect close distance to Acadia National Park and Down Town Bar Harbor.
The hotel stuff was friendly and helpful. Beds are comfortable and the rooms are decent size, although it does require some pretty serious upgrades.
If you'll set your expectations accordingly to the hotel stars rating you should be fine.
All together not a bed value for your money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends