Kathy & I stayed in the MOOSE room since we planned to go on moose safari. Room had a phenomenal view of lake and back yard -- with deer. Coming from Texas, the 79-degree high was tremendous compared to the 106-degrees to which we were accustomed. VERY RELAXING to sit on back balcony and gaze at the beautiful sunsets over the lake.
Linda & Dennis were quite pleasant and helpful. Their attention to details were amazing & appreciated. I had commented when we booked how much I liked red velvet cake which was shown on their website. On our first night to eat in the dining room, Linda had remembered & placed it on the menu -- had it TWICE while I was there.
Not much fresh seafood in Dallas, so we had both the lobster mac 'n cheese & buffalo meatloaf on two separate nights. MMMmmm!
Georgine (assistant innkeeper) was so pleasant and helpful, both as she kept our room and served during the breakfasts & dinners. Eating from either inside or on the balcony provided stunning views of the gorgeous sunsets & lake. Linda's landscaping around the lodge was beautiful and made the views even better.
Again, their attention to details (like packing our breakfasts the night before our early-morning moose safari & preparing a picnic lunch for our Katahdin boat excursion) was tremendous. For even a "small" lodge, they have their logos on the bathroom soaps/shampoos, bath robes, and pillow chocolates). I drank coffee from my MooseHead Lodge mug again this morning here in Texas. They have upgraded to Keurig coffee machines in each room, allowing even more selection & convenience.
The MOOSE SAFARI with Ed (guide) was phenomenal!! Before we even got into the canoe, we saw 2 moose in the cove where we started. Took about 45 minutes of tremendous photos. Linda presented us with our souvenir picture of us with the moose in the background. Also saw LOON which were beautiful.
Chloe (their French Bulldog) was quite pleasant to everyone & definitely expected you to pet her. What a saleslady.
Wish we could have stayed longer to relax on the balcony. WE WILL RETURN! Thank you Linda & Dennis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy breathtaking lake and mountain views at our romantic Greenville, Maine inn. Relax in masterfully decorated rooms and suites at our Moosehead Lake lodging with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, private decks, and luxurious linens and robes. Sit back in our pub with full bar and games, or enjoy our complimentary snacks, DVD library and Wi-Fi. Don't miss out on unforgettable breakfasts and sumptuous weekend dinners at this Moosehead Lake adventure lodge. Activities galore - many exclusive to the Lodge at Moosehead, a Select Registry Property. AAA 4 Diamond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Lodge at Moosehead Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Moosehead Lake Hotel Greenville
- Moosehead Lake Hotel
- Lodge At Moosehead Lake Greenville, Maine