“Awesome”
Review of West Cove Lounge

West Cove Lounge
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Greenville
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This is a great place to meet friends and have great food and refreshments. Their Sunday Bloody Mary special bar is outstanding. Just order a Blood and than move over to the "fixin's table that has hard boiled eggs, bacon, shrimp, olives and many other ingredients. It's outstanding

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Ok, where to start....

I was visiting family in Greenville for a week and needed a spot to get out.

Wait, no, start over.

I was traveling with my uncle and we're all about family, fun, food, and DRINKING! We arrived on Monday night in Greenville around 9:30pm and were looking for a place to have a cocktail. We soon realized that Greenville is a ghost town on Monday nights. Tuesday early afternoon after visiting a couple family members, we went on the search for a spot to hang out that evening. We stopped at West Cove Lounge and had a couple cocktails for lunch (yes, we were on vacation, it's ok). First thing we noticed was how nice this bar was! The entire inside is done in a beautiful Knotty pine, with a huge horseshoe bar. The place is very clean and we'll kept!

Later that evening...

We returned to the cove for some drinks after dinner. There wasn't to many people there and there was some music playing on the Jukebox (you can choose your songs from your iOS/Android device). The Bartenders name was Nikki (so many different ways to spell this name, this might be incorrect, sorry). She was very pleasant, attentive, and great at making cocktails.

From my understanding, the cove does have a published closing time, but being that it's a smaller town, sometimes they are known to close early. With that said, Nikki stayed as late as she could before she had to shut us down for the night.

Bring on Wednesday! We returned to the cove for dinner and ordered some of their burgers. The food was prepared perfectly and was mouth watering delicious...time for cocktails and music. My uncle and I brought some local family members along with us this evening and had another great time at the cove. Nikki had no troubles keeping up with our high demand for drink after drink, not to mention keeping the other patrons fueled as well. We stayed till closing again and it was a great time, Nikki and the locals are good fun people. Oh, did I mention that one of the locals was Nikki's grandmother? She's an amazing lady to talk with and she even had a shot with our crazy group. The shot was called "Oatmeal Cookie" and it was the most delicious thing I've tasted in awhile. I would recommend it if you stop by.

Good morning, Greenville, it's Thursday!!

Yes, you guessed it, we returned on Thursday for a late lunch with more family. I won't go in to too much detail on this visit as it was just as pleasant as the first 2. Luckily, Nikki was working again and was amazing as always. She also had a coworker (cook) not show up so she had to prepare our lunches for us. Yep, she does it all!

Thank you Nikki for the hospitality and service you gave a couple of guys from Florida. We truly had a great time every time we were there in the West Cove. When Uncle Bob and I return next year, we look forward to seeing you and your grandmother, and maybe even get a chance to meet your significant other.

To: Everyone reading this review.

Do yourself a favor, if you are visiting Greenville/Greenville Junction, stop in at the West Cove, have a drink, order the food, and smile and be merry. This is a hidden gem found in a town filled with options. Don't forget to ask for Nikki, and tell her that her FL buddies sent you. She'll know exactly who you're talking about. Heck, she might even ask you if you want an Oatmeal Cookie! You'll have to pay for it though, this is not a free drink folks =). Enjoy

1  Thank TheRandy
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We are staying at the Moosehead lakefront motel and this restaurant is just around the corner. Nice place to eat a burger and some wings!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Very nice inside and clean. Lots of room and has a bar. Also it has a dance floor and stage for Saturday night entertainment.
One of the problems we encountered though is that the seating has all high tables and chairs ? There was only 1 table that had 3 chairs by the stage. We were told that the day before a senior bus stopped for lunch and they had to help seniors up onto the stools. hopefully the correct this situation soon as the help is very pleasant.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

I haven't been there often but will go back when I can. The food was well served and the staff was very friendly.