“Check your carryout bag before you leave”
Review of China Gray

China Gray
Ranked #14 of 19 Restaurants in Gray
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Primarily a carryout, China Gray offers lots of Americanized Chinese food. It's okay. We get takeout on occasion because it is convenient. Recently my husband picked up some food for us. When he got home, we saw they had given us bland spring rolls instead of the meaty egg rolls we had ordered. We don't like the spring rolls so the money was wasted. Who feels like driving back? Another time they forgot to put the rice in the bag. Not long ago I asked for a little extra rice because they don't put enough in the container for the size of the dish. Instead of a little extra, they gave us a big container of white rice and charged us $3 for it. They know me. I'm a regular customer; I get the same thing every time, so I have to ask, "What gives?" The last thing I needed was a whopping amount of rice. I'm starting to ask myself, "Why bother?" If you are nearby and are hungry for this style of cooking, either eat at one of their tables or check your bag carefully to make sure you get what you ordered.

1  Thank hungrygal2017

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I should of trusted my instincts and not have ordered from there. First I walk in and the place is empty, I should of known to turn and run when the guy behind me was talking g over my shoulder to the guy taking my order about drugs, not a good first impression! The food was prepared fast, when I got to eat it it had a weird smell and taste to it, it was over cooked and dry.
I won't recommend China Gray and I certainly will not return!

2  Thank EllieGagnon79
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Based on reviews I had high expectations. It seems as though we were in a different restaurant than the one that was reviewed. Food was terrible, undercooked no flavor. We will not be back

1  Thank DiamondTraveler1
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I usually go there for to go food, and occasional sit down , the food is very good and the staff are very friendly. Price is just a tad high.

1  Thank Guide601691
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Went there for dinner and ordered 3 dishes ala carte (not the combo, but came with rice) to celebrate Chinese New Year. The portion for each dish was huge. I especially like the Kung Pao shrimp. The chef used jumbo size shrimp and there were more than enough for 2 persons; unlike some restaurants that give you a meager few. The taste is quite adequate for a small town Chinese restaurant. I will go back again to try the combo.

2  Thank asiantraveller101

Been to China Gray? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK