“Local Surprise”

Add it.
The Bench
Ranked #14 of 29 Restaurants in Gardiner
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We live near both Hallowell and Brunswick, Maine, both foodie towns. We usually go to those area on Friday evenings, but decided to try a local Pub. The restaurant was spacious and very clean and we were greeted in an amiable manner. There were alot of tvs and long tables and clearly friends can gather hear for sporting events and be comfie. There were numerous appetizers. I had some very crisp egg rolls, but a delicious looking chicken quesadilla was sent to a table near me. My husband had a Sin City burger which had pulled pork and coleslaw atop it. He said all the ingredients were very tasty and appreciated the way it was structured in that it held together...the roll was adequate to the contents. He doesn't like it when a burger is thrown together messily. He chose a Belgian Flat Tire beer, and enjoyed that. I was tempted to try the Cuban...not everyone offers these, but was craving pasta and meatballs. This was good. The sauce had just a touch of sweet and the meatballs were big and nicely seasoned. The garlic bread was hot and cheesy. I took half of everything home; it was more than enough. Our server was efficient and affable. We would definitely return and feel good about inviting friends and family. I did not see any labeled gluten free items, but if we took our adult niece there were plenty of dinner salads I know she'd enjoy.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

We were first timers. Server was Friendly, Smiley & Nice. The Drinks were good. Liked the Atmosphere.
Wanted to order the fish, but was out along with a few other items. So I ordered the Loaded Nacho's (which was so awfully Salty-I really couldn't eat many) & also got the Chicken Quesadilla which was on the salty side, but not as bad as the Nacho's. Would go again if in the neighborhood for a drink.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

It's a nice atmosphere, they've really done a nice job renovating the place. Bloody marys with almost anything you can think of in them, a meal in itslelf.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

What a great place to go. There food is outstanding. Our drinks were great. One of the best places to go in Gardiner! 10 stars!

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Went to visits with friends, first time I have ever been there. Had an order of nachos, the meat was dry and chips were stale. I mentioned this to the waitress and she did not offer to compenstate the meal in anyway. Thought this was poor customer service. Doubt I will ever go back.