“Beautiful facility, great service”

The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Fryeburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Donna went out of her way to make my stay comfortable and convenient. The room was lovely, breakfast was great, and she even made dinner reservations for me. I would definitely return if life takes me to Fryeburg again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
DonnaPearce, Owner at The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

thank you for the kind words. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Fryeburg. Have great 2018

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Donna was an excellent hostess, the accommodation location was perfect for our trip and it was convenient for a walk in the evening to a couple of local restaurants. Our room was lovely, comfortable bed, good bathroom and nice and warm. Donna was able to provide us with loads of information about the accommodation, self service coffee etc and local information.

The breakfast was very good, everybody ate together at the same time which made for a jolly and friendly breakfast, the meal was all the same for everybody although it changed daily, on our day we had blueberry french toast, fruit and yogurt, whats not to like.

When we arrived at dusk there were a couple of woodpeckers in the tree above the car park, the grounds were extensive and interesting.

Room Tip: Everybody has breakfast together on communal tables
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
DonnaPearce, Owner at The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Those woodpeckers will be the life of me yet. It was great having you here and hearing all the sharing that goes on at breakfast. Some find family style dining intimadating but then I have folks like you that help them out of their shell.

Hope to see you again. Happy holiday. (doesn't THAT sound weird)

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had a lovely experience staying at the Inn. The room and the breakfast were wonderful. Donna is your perfect host because she listens so well and accommodates to your needs. I brought my dog on purpose because I read that the Inn was dog-friendly and it sure is - both of us (my dog and I) felt welcomed and completely taken care of!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
DonnaPearce, Owner at The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for the kind words. I hope Linus is feeling better.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

After mire than 30 years of enjoying inns and B&Bs across the country and abroad I take no pleasure in writing this review. We booked a room at the Inn and got an introductory review when we arrived. The deferred maintenance screamed from the deteriorating roof and peeling paint. We were shown our room and immediately noticed dog poop on the carpet. The hostess scolded her dog, scooped up the poop and flushed it down the toilet. No apology. No promise to disinfect the carpet. I had no idea that dogs had the run of the inn. We immediately secured alternative accommodations in town. Same price but immaculate and nicely furnished two blocks away. I returned the key to Donna. She offered no apology but graciously refunded our deposit. I have never had an experience like this. The reviews and pictures do not reflect the true condition of this property.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A S
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We had to go up on a family emergency. Donna accommodated our later arrival and potential for late breakfast. She changed the King into two twins so my brother could use the room as all hotels were sold out except this one room. Donna is great to talk to. I recommend this Inn to anyone in the area

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidBrownRMPI

Been to The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK