All reviews sunday lunch the pub cauliflower cheese family meal family room on arrival room was clean
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at The Fox Inn for two nights and were overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff and the locals in the pub. I asked the land lady if she happened to have a map I could borrow so I could have a look at the area and pick a running route. Unfortunately she didn't have one. But within the hour I'd had two conversations with people from the local running club as to the best places to go! The food was very good and breakfast was cooked deliciously to order.
Our room was ok, fairly basic but clean and comfortable. Good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DZ27
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We arrived later than we expected and accidentally interrupted the owner's birthday celebration. Not only were they very welcoming, but they also offered us (complete strangers) pieces of cake. We ate a very delicious dinner (fish and chips, stuffed mushrooms, and meat pie are all very delicious) at the inn. It happened to be quiz (don't make the mistake I did of calling it trivia!) night, and the locals were all gathered for a very lively competition. They invited us to join in. Our poor attempts were cheered, and the people were very friendly. The room was clean, and the beds were extremely cozy and comfortable. Breakfast was absolutely excellent, and the chef was extremely friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this inn and the restaurant.

Room Tip: Go on a Thursday and participate in quiz night!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Erin S
Reviewed 26 January 2014

A £7.50 blow out!!! Sunday lunch was excellent, although we only had the main course, it arrived with 2 large slabs of Lamb, (choice of lamb, beef & pork) yorkshire pud and 2 roast potatoes together with 3 separate dishes of vegtables, cauliflower cheese, mashed potatoes and mixed veg (peas, carrots & brussels). The food was hot and the service was very good. We have Sunday lunch out every week and have tried many places but this is by far the best for a while for value so today (26/1/2014) we are going to try it again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jgord123
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It was my second visit to The Fox last week, and I was not disappointed, the first time I went was the first time in a few years and I must say the food is so much better now than it was back then. Highly recommend the food.
the service was good there was a young waiter who was very nice and helpful , and the bar man was very welcoming, the only thing that lets it down if I’m honest and few of who went BOTH times with me agree there is a lady who works there who doesn’t have good customer service skills , and most the time to busy talking or sitting down to tend to anyone , I see the rest of the staff are trying to make a success , but the lady seem s not to care and it is not good for business at all , shame’’’. I will go again and recommend it to anyone. Just hope they get the staff issue sorted, will be looking forward to my next visit

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jane t
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for one night on 28th October.We chose the fox as the reviews were good and reasonably priced.From the outside it looked lovely and in a nice little village.We arrived at 8pm due to traffic being a nightmare on the m25.We were looking forward to having a nice meal but unfortunately they do not do food on a Monday so we had to drive to the next village where we got a very nice meal in pleasant surroundings.
After our meal we headed back to the fox for a drink before bed.The inside of the pub is quite tired and dated.A man named Malcolm introduced himself to me as the caretaker but I was later told by the owner he is the self appointed caretaker.He was nice enough and we had a chat.
In the morning we asked for breakfast at 7.45 as we're asked the night before what time we would like it.There was no sign of either of the owners just the chef & Malcolm !.The breakfast was very nice but we were interrupted several times by Malcolm for no reason other than telling us he had some drilling to do.
Just when we thought he had left us to it he appeared in the door way and took a picture of us on his phone without even asking.I found this all very irritating and quite honestly would never stay here again and can not understand why the owners just leave him to it.
We paid £50 for our night which is all its worth anyway.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple