All reviewssunday lunchthe pubcauliflower cheesefamily mealfamily roomon arrivalroom was clean
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the Sat 7th September 2013 as an overnight stop from Burghley Horse Trials. We found the landlord and lady very welcoming and warm, our room was lovely, very clean and nicely put together, the rooms are set in an annex so separate entrance from the pub which was handy, around a lovely little courtyard. We enjoyed our evening meal and breakfast here and the chef was very accommodating for anything we asked for, food was lovely and well prepared with a good choice on the menu and even if it is not on the menu! My husband approved of the beer and the landlord kindly got me a cup of tea. We really enjoyed our stay and hoping to book up for longer next year, 5 star!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaJSwinburn
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We went for a family meal this week as we had heard the fox was under new management. The food was excellent, lovely homemade soup, Mediterranean chicken, steak and kidney pie and salmon were a few of the choices we made. Staff were very welcoming. Great value for money we will definitely be returning to try the Sunday lunches.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sharne851
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Me and my partner stayed for a night on 31/08/2013 we had a nice time. We arrived around 6.30pm had a nice welcome shown to our room which was excellent very clean and a lovely comfortable bed .Later in the evening we went into the inn to have a drink and the staff and locals were very friendly to us, and the breakfast was 1st class and cooked to perfection would highly recommend it to people and the cook is a very nice and friendly lady where nothing is too much for her ..... MR Wright and Partner

1  Thank andrew w
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here with my fiance for 2 nights, and we had a great time. Very warm welcome from the Landlord and Landlady. Rooms are cosy but had everything we needed. They're in a little courtyard at the back of the pub and the building is really pretty, very old and full of character and charm and the rooms themselves are clean and bright.
We had dinner on the first night which was delicious - I had the steak (cooked to perfection) with all the trimmings and my fiance had the home made steak and ale pie which he devoured. I couldn't manage a pud, but he had home made sticky toffee pudding, which he said was probably the best he'd ever had. There was a really good atmosphere in the pub, the locals made us feel really welcome and taught us how to play table skittles (not seen that in pubs where we're from!). Went to bed feeling very merry and very full.
After a really good sleep (beds are very comfortable), we went for breakfast the next morning. It was excellent, a good choice of cereals and an awesome full English. The cook made sure it was exactly as we wanted it and it was great.
We didn't eat at the pub on the second night as we were at a family party in Corby, but got back in time for a quick nightcap and more skittles before heading off to bed. Breakfast the next morning was just as good, set us up nicely for our trip back home.
We've already booked to stay again just before Christmas when we have a wedding to attend nearby but I'm hoping that we'll get a chance to return before that.
A really lovely B&B, warm welcoming atmosphere from the staff and locals and nothing was too much trouble at all. Many thanks for a lovely weekend

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very disappointing to say under new management! No welcome, over-priced wine that wasn't cold enough and only ok food. We were the only people eating this lunchtime and I am not surprised. We will not be returning.