“Sometimes the side road leads to something new and different!”

Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #28 of 62 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Walking and shopping in Freeport makes you hungry! Just off the main road, we parked across the street in a small lot and walked upstairs to the restaurant. We were lucky to get a parking spot! Since the rain had stopped we sat outside overlooking the shoppers and traffic. Our server brought waters and menus so we took our time looking things over. After a few minutes we had made our decisions and placed our order. It wasn't long and we were served. The restaurant was getting busier as it was just past noon. Plenty of outdoor seating, bar seating and dining area as well. One of us had the Mediterranean salad, the other a white bean salad. Both were very good and satisfied our appetites and, we were happy to have done something different!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We found this place through a Groupon and are glad we did. The sampler appetizer was really good and surprised me because I didn't expect to enjoy the white bean our carrot salads which ended up being wonderful. The moussaka was also very good and large enough that the two of us couldn't finish.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

In a town filled with restaurants, I was lucky to have found Mediterranean Grill based off recommendations from locals. Superior ingredients and taste, I wish I had time for dessert. I’ll be back!!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We ate here yesterday evening early. We were immediately greeted and seated, and service was excellent and delightful throughout, even though the place filled up quickly. Our drinks were served promptly. And then came the food: to start, we had a spicy babaganoush and the falafel in creamy hummus with pita bread. Both were delicious. This was followed by shrimp kebabs and the tastiest, most wonderful lamb moussaka I have ever had (including in Greece). It was just a huge portion of deliciousness (I ended up taking half of it home). To round off, we had Turkish coffee which was the perfect end to a memorable meal. Our bill, including a glass of wine and a beer was $88. Excellent value for money and we will certainly return.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

It's been years since I've gotten to eat here and the current lived up to the memories. It never ceases to amaze me what can be done with the ingredients that we all have. The flavor combinations left me wishing I could eat more.