All reviews renovated room keurig machine mini fridge stay there again walmart tv
Reviewed 4 September 2017

After a short ride in the cold and rain threatening I decided to call it an early day and forgot about the time change. The really friendly staff, found me a room and had me checked in with no problems, the room was a huge surprise, tons of room, very clean and fresh smelling.Location was right handy in my case parking is really good just what I like. Bathroom was newly renovated and looked really fresh and new. Will recommend this to all my riding friends.
An hour after I stopped the skys opened up and it rained and rained hard....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank A R
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Checked in to our newly renovated room and was impressed. Breakfast was included. Nicely appointed with mini fridge and coffee machine . Friendly professional staff. Needs work on the outside,though. Was able to check in late. Room was clean with fresh towels.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Staff courteous and helpful
Room was clean and very comfortable
Appeared to be a safe area
Walmart very close by
Off a main road
Free continental breakfast included
Breakfast was very basic but good enough

The room had a TV
A clean shower
with good water pressure
And hot water
A small fridge and microwave
Two very comfortable queen-size beds
The AC worked fine

Would definitely stay there again it was reasonably priced, clean and comfortable nothing real fancy just the basics

See attached photos

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Teresa P
colonial m, Manager at Colonial Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have a great stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Cancellation charges underhanded when acts of weather prevent arrival due to safety.
Their cancellation policy is thusly, "In the event, you must cancel with less than 48 hours, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation." I was charged two nights, even though I did call, unfortunately not the 48 hours. Maine was blessed with a significant snow storm the day of check-in and the safety of hauling a trailer was not something I would risk my employees for. Then I was told an employee at the hotel indicated I was unsure if we were coming. Untrue. As a business owner I can not function in such a wishy-washy manner and be able to work with the lodging facilities we frequent during the year. So many other Maine lodging facilities will work with you on off season if you are unable to make your check-in. So whatever your issue may be, if you unexpectantly have one, don't chance it here. Especially for business and if it affects your bottom line for a job. It's too bad, the room rates are reasonable and my employees had no complaints otherwise.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 April 2017

Good Morning,
I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our policy. As a small family owned business we rely on our revenue to sustain our business. Unfortunately we have had to enforce this policy as we cannot afford to have reservation no-shows. Our staff gives courtesy calls when a guest has not arrived by 10:00 pm. To compromise in this situation we have credited you one night towards your reservation, and mailed you the credit notice. We also have no control over the weather, and try to accommodate all of our guests the best way we can.
We would be glad to be able to accommodate your employees in the future. As they enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

This was always a convenient stop before heading to Sugarloaf but was just that. Now The bathrooms have been upgraded as has the heating. The furnishings,the towels, the decor, tv etc have all been improved. There is now a microwave in addition to the mini fridge. And a keureg ( so?). And the people are very pleasant. So a convenient stop is now pretty pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family