“Old but comfortable”

Jasper's Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Most places booked so found this one. It's older, old furnishings but it was clean and comfortable for the night. Rooms are back off the main street so pretty quite. Did have a mini fridge. The rates are very reasonable and good for a night or 2. Restaurants very close by.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank LindaLin63

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I often opt of the "small time" motels verses the large chains. I paid $88 to rent a room here for one night on my way home...after a long day of travel, I checked in, unpacked, went to find some food....upon return to my room and looking forward to a shower and bed....I discovered that there was no hot water. I went to the office to find it closed. I gave up, went to bed... The next morning I returned to the office, still nobody around so I called the emergency number on the door. The lady was rude when she answered, saying "she wasn't working that day", I explained my water situation, and she simply said..."oh yeah, we are having problems with the water heater in that unit, ill send some one over with a key to another room so you can shower", and she then promptly hung up. I waited nearly two hours for a key for another room, during that time spent some time outside of the room and observed someone in the back parking lot smoking what appeared to be a crack pipe. It also, appeared that there is a person living in their vehicle in the back parking lot. The rooms are gross, far from clean, carpets stained, spider webs & bugs, and not to mention I misplaced my key when out to eat the night before and was able to use a credit card to open the door very easily....

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

This motel offered a value stay and was clean. You have to drive 18 miles to Bar Harbor though. The first night the room was hot cause of heater malfunction and the AC did not work. We told the office and was better the next night. Food was good at their restaurant and priced at the going rates in the area. Prefer to stay closer to Bar Harbor next time.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Our hotel recommended another restaurant but we decided to try Jasper's since we had a very good meal there several years ago. Jasper's was very clean but you can tell it is an old restaurant and could use some sprucing up. BUT, the fresh fish was excellent. Both of us had the broiled haddock and it was very good - tasted fresh and flaked nicely. Would not recommend the broccoli as a side - overcooked.

Room Tip: did not stay in this hotel just ate at the restaurant.
Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Nice and comfortabel. Good value, a good price and quality . Good comfortabel rooms. Good housekeeping, every thing was very clean. Comfortabel beds. The restaurant has a good choice of food fish and also Meat. Something for every one. The staff are very friendly and helpfull.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
0.9 km away
1.3 km away
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#8 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to Jasper's Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK