“Great place for lunch!”

Mediterranean Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 8 April 2018

This is a great place for lunch. I had a Greek salad, and the portion was generous. They don't have grape leaves in the salad, but I added them. Be sure to ask for them without yogurt sauce if you just want them plain. The salad was great, and it came with warm pita bread. I got 10 grape leaves with it and ended up taking a portion home with me. My husband got a veal dinner with spaghetti, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Owners very friendly and pleasant, available to chat if you want. We will definitely go there again. This was about the 4th time we've been there.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

A+ pizza, gyros, and baklava. The owner is Greek and very friendly, adding authenticity and proper atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The Mediterranean Kitchen has fantastic food! We stop here every time we visit Damariscotta because the food is delicious and the family that owns the place is so friendly. The building has a fabulous hand painted mural of the Mediterranean countryside that overlooks the deck dining area. It feels like you're visiting Greece and eating the local cuisine. Everything is fabulous and fresh, from the sandwiches to the Gyros and pizzas. They even have baklava for dessert. I highly recommend a stop here!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I have eaten here repeatedly both Nick and Pat are always polite & helpful.
They serve great food and good size portions. The sandwiches and pizzas are handcrafted and have wonderful flavors.
There is plenty of parking however, the police department does look for those parking illegally that are not patrons of the restaurant and tows vehicles. Hats off to the PD for doing the right thing.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I like the sauce and the crust of Mediterranean Kitchen pizza. They have a great variety of toppings. Their meatball subs are a favorite of mine also. Nice to eat out on the deck in good weather. Been eating here for years. Best pizza in Damariscotta.

Management response:Responded 30 August 2017

TO MR. RUDE AND MEAN, I'm sorry you think we were rude. The fact that you parked your back end in the street causing traffic problems for the cars trying to go around you. In Maine we don not park our cars against a building.That parking was for my customers. You did not eat in my restaurant.You were parked there from 10:00am until 1:30pm when you were towed. You then had the nerve to return and park hitting the building again. I quess the police ticket was not good enough informing you of your error. This all could of been avoided if you only if you read the signs. I have several along the side and front of my building stating" PARKING ONLY FOR MEDITERRANEAN KITCHEN CUSTOMERS. ALL OTHERS WILL BE TOWED AT OWNERS EXPENCE"