“WONDERFUL Inn keepers. Delightful. Helpful. Made us feel right at home.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Casco
Maplewood Inn & Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Casco
Franklin, Massachusetts
“WONDERFUL Inn keepers. Delightful. Helpful. Made us feel right at home.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

My daughter and I stayed there after dropping my son at sleep away camp. Patrick was a complete doll and greeted us with a warm smile and a cool room. I loved the decore. Fun antiques and unique collectibles.

My 5-year-old daughter started feeling sick. in the early eveing. By 9:30pm she was very ill. Patrick and Rene found me medicine for her. They were so sweet and helpful. The at 10:30 she threw up in the room. I hated bothering the guys again, but they were so kind and helpful they delt with the linens and were so concerned for my girl. They are amazing guys and I felt like I was a friend and guest at their home. look forward to staying with them again.

Room Tip: We had room 4. We liked it a lot
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LydiaDustin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

We went to the white mountain national forest, and stayed in the inn. It is very clean, quite, and stuffs are very friendly. Breakfast is good. Yes, the house is not very modern, but bed is comfortable, bathrooms at the inn is OK for use. Also place is near the lake, not very far away from the national forest. Next time, I believe I will still choose this one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank POLYLI
Naples, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

Plumbing problems drive us out of home and land us on Rene's doorstep. He and Patrick quickly fill a room with heat and a warm welcome. We gratefully take a hot shower, dry off with pristine towels, turn on the TV and fall into a comfortable bed. After a good nights sleep we are treated to a delicious Dutch pancake breakfast and feel well fortified for the tasks ahead of us. Thank you Rene and Patrick for your hospitality in our time of need. We feel we have two new and dear friends to add to our list of treasures.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gmomof8
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

This place is worn out. The pictures on the website make it look like a wonderful clean modern motel. We were first given a room in the "Inn" and it was dingy and dark and the hall bathroom was old and the shower stall (w old curtain) made me realize i just couldn't stay there. We then went to their more "modern" motel room and the minimal decorations made it feel a bit better but we didn't take off our shoes the whole time. The Innkeeper is warm and kind, helpful and friendly - a really lovely person - but the place needs a major face lift.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
mwi-naynay, Front Office Manager at Maplewood Inn & Motel, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
When a guest's stay does not translate in a positive experience, we seriously take their comments to heart and make every effort within our means to improve upon our services and facilities.

In rare cases we find that a certain level of unfamiliarity with our place can lead to disappointments; that is why we always advertise ourselves for what we really are to convey a genuine image for our prospective customers. We recently updated description, photos and videos on this site to make sure the information is up-to-date and insightful. Besides, maintenance, upkeep and renovation is a continuous process; we recently redecorated several public areas in the Inn.

Our B&B is the main house, originally built around 1880 as a family dwelling, transformed into a "Tourist Home" in the thirties and completely renovated in 1997. The 6 unit motel was newly constructed in 2003 with spacious hotel-style rooms, comfortable and clean, with lots of amenities but no high-end luxury. We are happy to say that most guests -by far- love those rooms, especially since they differ positively from many motels in this rural area. With our facilities and services as they are, we were able to create a large pool of "regulars" some of the showing up every year!

Please keep in mind that we are a small business with only a small staff, trying to create a pleasant experience for our guests, based on personal interaction. Like everybody else we try to make a living, because we love what we do and wouldn't trade it for the world. If we make mistakes, we would prefer to straighten that out in a live conversation rather than in a public forum.

Thank you, and feel free to take a look at our pictures and video, hoping to welcome you as our guests in the near future!

René and Patrick.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

I visit my old summer camp in Maine every summer and always stay here (this summer was my 4th time!). Rene, the owner, is a fantastic host and talking over the phone with Patrick to book my stay is always a delight. The Inn is close to the town of Naples which has lots to do. Since it is right outside of the town, the Inn is extremely quiet. I am always comfortable! There are personal AC units in each room so you are in control of the climate at all times. I have stayed at the Maplewood Inn with a friend and solo. Rooms are large and there are plenty of drawers and closet space for anything you brought with you (or plan to buy at the Freeport outlets!). Breakfast is fresh and delicious with bagels (I always have it with cream cheese and jelly), pastries, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice. The bathrooms are clean, the bed is always made and Rene always has a smile on his face. He even let me use his computer to get directions! It is always a pleasure to stay here and I recommend this cozy B&B to everyone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ColeQ17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casco
21.4 km away
23.4 km away
Pleasant Mountain Inn
Pleasant Mountain Inn
#5 of 5 in Bridgton

Been to Maplewood Inn & Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK