“Nice friendly hotel, good food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caribou Inn & Convention Center

Caribou Inn & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Caribou
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Nice friendly hotel, good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a bluegrass festival held there in chilly January. It's not exceptionally fancy but the rooms are quite clean and comfortable--but what makes the place stand out was the friendliness and accommodation of the employees there,and the fact that the food in the restaurant was not the usual just-getting-by fare. Maybe this is unfair to say, but for a place that I think caters mainly to the snowmobile crowd in the winter, this is certainly beyond the pale. The salad bar is fresh and varied, the coffee quite decent, and the dishes innovative. I had the Chicken Aroostook, grilled chicken breast stuffed with just the right amount of spinach cream sauce and coated with a potato crust, set in a roasted red pepper sauce. This combination really worked with the chicken. Whoever the chef is, he or she is quite confident. Another night I sampled the Haddock Napoleano, which was a nice piece of haddock in a light stewed tomato topping. I'm pretty picky about food and presentation and this was very good, I thought. The rest of my party felt the same.The complimentary bread was fresh-baked with a nice chewy crust, not the usual mediocre rolls found at many hotel restaurants. The always-friendly waitstaff was tirelessly accommodating--to the point of bringing me a glass of wine from the by-the-bottle list because I wanted something not on the by-the-glass list. Top this off with the ultra personable and creative bartender who has invented a few innovative drinks and who keeps the fresh popcorn coming in the lounge and who also permitted me some small samples of some of the new Southern Comfort liquors out there (not my cup of tea ultimately, but kept me from ordering an entire drink that I would not have cared for), and this place is a find! I'd probably go out of my way to eat at the restaurant even if I were not staying there.

Although I did not make use of the pool because I had not brought a bathing suit, it's a nice addition--with even a lap-swimming lane!--and I wish I had had the occasion to make use of it.

Room Tip: I probably would take a room on the outside of the hotel--which is set up in a big square--to get so...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Plantsville, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Just a stop over became much more. The room was very clean and the clerk friendly and helpful. Helped us locate a local church and gave us Mass times to attend. We were given breakfast cards and even discounts on supper. The restaurant was very clean and the food for all of our meals was awesome. The pool area was very large, clean and very accommodating for extra towels.
This time our trip did not include the kids, but because of our previous visit a few years earlier, we searched out the Inn again. We had a wonderful time and would highly reccommend the Caribou Inn for future trips.

Room Tip: With the kids, we didn't particularly like the room facing the pool. To much distractions. Thi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I wanted to like this place. I really, really did.
I hadn't been to Northern Maine in years, and this place is one of the better ones to stay in, as I understand. The room was spotless, and the extra sink and mini fridge were handy.
But the really hard bed, and the room with the french doors that opened on to the pool... if I'd had a room that didn't open on to the pool (and a different bed) it'd have been fine.
The staff was very friendly, and breakfast at the restaurant was pretty good. I hear the brunch is one of the best in the area. Location is convenient, and there's plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't open on to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rrruby
Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

This was a spontaneous trip I took to Caribou. I arrived at the Caribou Motor Inn. The hotel clerk was very friendly and gave me a nice room. Service was prompt.

The location is visible when you come into Caribou. Very easy to find. The hotel had all the amenities that I needed and more. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and quiet. There is a nice indoor swimming pool. The room the pool is in is very large.

There is a restaurant attached. I was given a discount on my breakfast, which was very tasty. I only ate dinner their the first night and I was not pleased with my selection. Not sure what the other meals were like, so I can not fairly rate it. The dining room staff was very friendly, the service very good and the it was clean.

I would highly recommend the Caribou Motor Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms located in the pool area are very warm.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dsjones2756
rockland maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I made my reservation by telephone. I told the clerk it was for two. When I arrived we checked in prior to attending a family function. They had us down for only one person. I corrected them and they provided a breakfast card for two and two keys. We then went to our event. We arrived back at the hotel late. We went to our room and were dismayed with the slightly larger than a twin bed. It was late. We were tired and did not want to have to change rooms so we made do. It was not comfortable. I have written them twice to complain, letting them know that the clerk should have been aware that this room was a room for one person not two. I have not heard back from them at all.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jpf11

Travellers are raving about these Caribou hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caribou
13.2 km away
6.5 km away
Crown Park Inn
Crown Park Inn
#2 of 2 in Caribou

Been to Caribou Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK