“Labor Day weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
York Cliffs - Private Community Beach
Walk Master sitting area and full bath
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
York Cliffs - Private Community Beach
Walk
Master sitting area and full bath
New Leather Living Room ... stay cool in the Summer! Large flat screen TV with all the cable.
1st Floor Full Bath with New Washer / Dryer
New Two car garage and garden shed to store bikes, beach chairs and fishing gear
Private Wooded Lot with  Community Ocean Access at 3 locations to Pebble Beach and Maine Coastline
Stormy view of the Nubble Lighthouse from our beach.
Captain Dan and Ozzie chillin last Thanksgiving
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Passport5...
“Labor Day weekend ”
Reviewed 18 January 2017 for a stay in September 2016

We stayed Friday-Monday on Labor Day weekend with a family of 6 2 dogs and 2 guests
This place was pretty cool,we ended up getting there late Friday night which was fun trying to find in The house in the dark...little tiny meandering intertwining dirt roads ..going in the night with 4 trucks back to back(not fun backing up when we took a wrong turn hha)Once we got there and opened the door it was beautiful big gorgeous clean kitchen living room 4 bedrooms ,the only bummer or thing I can say is that we did not rent for a week as it was Labor Day so we could not use the hot tub and honestly that was one of the reasons we picked the house but it was still amazing .it has a fire pit outside that we used and a cute set of wooden rocking chairs and a patio set.The turkeys came to visit frequently throughout our stay a whole herd of them .we brought our dogs which was awesome. To give some tips I would bring some food ..we ended up eating a lot at the local pizza place having it delivered which was very expensive and not that great ..only because we wanted to stay around the house and enjoy the ocean and fishing.(LAZY DAYS)
The house was stocked with some essentials like sugar etc. and some snacks in the pantry ..we also left food there that we didn't use that was dry goods .
On Saturday morning we ventured out to find the private beach..
now I was under the impression when we went that we would find the ocean front beach readily available as it's a private community -very private -we were confused as to where it was .no signs just houses..
so we took a walk to meet some of the local neighbors and somebody guided us up the road probably about five minutes walking with fishing poles etc ..
till we came to a small opening in between houses....
I'm posting pictures for you guys
because while first I was shocked when we turned the corner ,their was a bush and a small bench (I have a few smaller kids )then and I couldn't believe it ....expecting to see the crescent beach as in pictures advertised)past that little bush -
there was nothing but huge rocks and then ..when we walked out further .. it was a legit cliffs.(someone with any kind of issue with balance etc could not have made the trek)
Lucky for us we're pretty hard-core LOL
I took pictures -it was majestic gorgeous !
we walked all along and down to the beach which was quite a journey !Ii left my guys on the cliffs to fish (unfortunately their was a hurricane coming in and the fishing was not that great because the water was so rough that weekend)
I couldn't stomach my younger ones walking around the end edge 150 feet or more drop into water crashing into the Rocky ocean.york cliffs
So it was an interesting fun new experience
(I have to stress that I never thought that's what we would be doing that's why am bringing it up so if you ever do rent the house you will understand and it really was very awesome cool experience)
I would not want to get caught in the tide coming in tho walking down those cliffs to the beach either)
some of the pictures I took with me on the beach and my guys on the cliffs fishing which shows how far you have to walk to actually get to the beach -as that seems the only way.
we had a great time anyways !it was very cool!
during our stay we went to the amusement park in York one night, 10 minute drive ,went and bought Bait at a local shop the only one(I'd advise getting bait on way to house beforehand ) we visited the not to public (ya right)footbridge Beach
-which was completely packed obviously it was Labor Day ,
after a beach day the guys tried to fish there also ..meanwhile my girls were catching crabs under footbridge beach bridge -which was very quaint .
the weather was amazing.this place would be great for large groups of people and definitely got to keep your dog in check as there are neighbors very close.(we had noisy diesel trucks and it wasn't appreciated )
Captain dan the owner was very cool & we appreciate you letting us stay in your beautiful little gem of a house !

Management Response
28 Jan 2017
Wow Amy, thanks so much for taking the time to write about our retirement home. Indeed it has been a great location for our family of 4 boys (and Ozzie the Dog) and we are so glad that others may enjoy the real Maine Oceanfront... if only for a brief stay. Cheers, Captain Dan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing