“Recommended by a friend but disappointing”
Review of The Drouthy Bear

The Drouthy Bear
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Camden
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The atmosphere is a tavern. Very casual. I liked the atmosphere but the food wasn't great. The waiter recommended the scallop salad which was actually delicious. A group at the next table recommended the fish and chips. Said it was the best they have ever had. My husband and I both got the fish and chips which was haddock. It was very greasy. There wasn't much else on the menu that even appealed to me. Wouldn't go again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We took a side trip here on our way to Bar Harbor. Absolutely worth it. My first ever scotch egg was a joy, followed by a beautiful shepherd's pie and salad. My husband had the clapshot appetizer and crab melt tartine. Also delicious. I only regret that I was too full for dessert.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We loved this pub! Great beer, fantastic bartender, and overall cool atmosphere. It is just a short walk from the main center of town and worth the effort. We did not eat here, but highly recommend it for a drink or two. Keep in mind, though, it is often standing room only, as it is a very popular place.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a beer and we loved the cozy atmosphere of a real pub . Great beer selection . We returned last night for dinner . The banger mashed and the crab sandwich , I do not eat bread yet this was an open faced crab sandwich with a thin cut fresh bread on the bottom , I did enjoy a couple of bites with the bread . The rest I just ate the great filling , served with a cup of creamy tomatoes soup and a salad . Perfect , my date had the banger and mashed . He thought was just okay . The gravy was a bit thin . The sausage did have a mild taste which was nice .
This is a different nice restaurant to go to . I highly recommend it . The staff is very nice .

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon The Drouthy Bear and decided to give it a try. Great menu with many “puffy pastry” dishes and English fare. Everything sounded delicious. I tried the Farmer’s salad and it was really fresh and tasty. We happened to be there on quiz night and it was a lot of fun!