“Great beers on tap”

The Drouthy Bear
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Camden
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I just ordered beers here but they were fantastic. Normally I wouldn't get so excited about a pub with 6-7 beers on tap but they were all outstanding. A great scotch ale, Spanish lager, and Fin du Monde on tap?! Sign us up.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had high hope for this place, which looked fun & charming on the outside. On the inside...not so much. LOL.
We Stopped in for dinner midweek. Greeted with " you can sit anywhere at a table made for 2 people". Which meant sitting by the kitchen service window (that's where all the two tops are) or outside in the humid damp air. Disinterested waitress with an attitude, kitchen staff banging around and yelling " SERVICE!" for every order that was ready for pick up. At one point we could all hear someone grumbling in the kitchen loudly " I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A SLOW NIGHT" . It was only 6 pm at that point and this tiny pub was not even half full, so...WTH? The Hamburger with fries was ordinary and just okay, the makers mark Manhattan was not okay- it was small and weak. Caesar salad with grilled chicken was a soggy, shredded mess service with two cement -like grilled left over toast points. Honestly, it's a pub, so go there to drink from their massive beer and whiskey lists. And then leave. Quickly. Not impressed with the service, cocktail, or food. Won't be back. Y'all need to step up your game across all front or you'll be out of business sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service was excellent. Food tasty. I had a great cheeseburger. Others had good fish and chips. Two had casseroles. Everyone liked their food. Great beer selection.

Families are welcome although the building is small.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had dinner here after a long day of hiking in the Camden area. The place has an intimate atmosphere. The food menu and drinks menu are amazing. I had the Sheppard's pie and it was excellent. My wife had a burger and it too was excellent. The service was perfect - friendly and attentative in the right amount.
I would definitely go back here next time I am in the area.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a Scottish pub oozing with charm. It's located on Rte 1 as you come into Camden from the south, before you reach the main down town area. The staff was super friendly. Despite being later in the evening they were really busy when we arrived, the only seating was outside. It was chilly but they had a fire and heaters so we said yes. Just as our food arrived, the staff told us a table had opened up and it was ours if we wanted it. We said yes, and they helped us move inside. We made quite a sight sitting down at a table, beer and food in hand. Other diners were equally impressed.

I had the Mac 'n Cheese pie - which is macaroni and cheese in a pie crust. Pure comfort food. They serve it with a salad. My husband had fish and chips. The food was excellent and we were sorry we had no room for dessert.

We'd go back again!