“The Perfect Wedding!”
Review of Hawthorn Inn

Hawthorn Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2012

When I began my search for the location of our wedding, I didn't really know where to begin. So, being new to the area I did what I had so many times before when I didn't know something--I "googled" it. I knew I wanted to have my wedding ceremony and reception somewhere small and intimate where my closest family and friends could enjoy a memorable evening together, but all of the bed and breakfasts I came across required a certain number of guests, or charged an arm and a leg to stay. That was until I found the Hawthorne Inn.

From the minute I opened the Hawthorne Inn homepage, to the day my family and I arrived at the inn, I felt nothing but generosity and warmth. Maryanne graciously worked with me to plan every detail of the evening so that my wedding went off without a hitch. She gave me overall suggestions about the timeline of the evening, created a fantastic dinner menu, and even got me in contact with a photographer and officiant!

Whether you're looking for a romantic place to spend a weekend, a cozy place to just get away, or an intimate location for a wedding, the Hawthorne Inn is worth the trip! We experienced great service, food, and company in the charming little town of Camden at the Hawthorne Inn, and quite honestly had the perfect wedding. We cannot wait to visit again!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great, but my husband and I stayed in the Queen Anne. Comfy bed and GREAT bathro...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rendall D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

When I lived in Boston, I often traveled up the coast of Maine to Camden for weekend getaways. I always stayed at the Hawthorn Inn because I thought the location and the rooms were perfect. Every time I stay here, I never want to leave!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The Hawthorn Inn is the most beautiful inn my husband and I have stayed in. The epitome of romance! Had it not been for the unbelievably delicious breakfast divinely prepared by Maryanne, we may never have left our suite. Each offering was of the highest quality and beaitifully presented. The room was lovely, with excellent attention to detail, luxurios comfort and modern decor. From the intimate ambience created by the fireplace to the spacious jacuzzi tub, The Hawthorn Inn exudes romance. I will recommend this slice of heaven to all our friends and family. My husband and I look forward to many returns.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Loved it here! My boyfriend & I traveled up the coast of Maine & Camden was our second stop. We were just winging it so we found places to stay in random little towns hoping that there'd be availability... We had initially looked into staying at this "castle" but we drove by it because it didn't look like an actual castle & didn't seem like it'd be worth the extra cash. We headed back toward town and drove by the Hawthorn Inn... so nice :) I still think back & miss this place. I first walked in and spoke with the woman who owns & runs it (I'm so sorry, it's been a few months & I completely forgot her name) She was so warm, friendly & welcoming and offered me a few rooms that were available. She gave a personal tour of the entire inn and showed us each of the rooms - all SO CLEAN, so cute & so cozy. Great rates, couldn't pass this place up. We took the availability immediately. The room rates included breakfast which was insanely amazing. Holy goodness gracious. She & her husband are the most gracious and perfect hosts of all time. Their breakfast presentation had 3 different courses. It should have been in a freakin' magazine. A lot of their ingredients came straight from their garden (we had a great view from our room) We didn't want to leave. I could keep writing but I'm going to stop here. Please, don't pass up the Hawthorn Inn. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed with Maryanne and Bill on four occasions in the past 3 years. They consistently provide us with a relaxing unhurried lovely time as well as delightful three course breakfasts which are carefully prepared and always delicious. The beds in this inn are all equipped with mattress toppers, which turns them into featherbeds of incomparable comfort.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business