Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kimberly O

The food and room IS the experience.

Review of Hartstone Inn
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Mar 2024
My husband and I try to visit Hartstone Inn and Hideaway each year as a brief getaway for our anniversary. We don't consider going anywhere else, but instead enjoy picking new rooms we haven't stayed in yet. The Hartstone Inn and Hideaway has a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere, soft, comfortable beds and the room aesthetics are thoughtful and well decorated. Best of all, the 7 course dinner is the best food we have EVER eaten and we look forward to the surprise of flavors that come served through the dinner and the breakfast the following morning. It's not worth considering a different location to stay, Harstone Inn should be your choice in the Camden, Maine area. -- Kim Orff
Date of stay: November 2023
Room Tip: Don't miss the cocktail hour, the drinks and hor dourves are as delicious as the rest of the meal.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Official Site
    ₹20,414
View more hotels in Camden
1,350 results
All reviews cooking class cottage suite my husband and i souffle manor house the main house attention to detail cookies new england michael hearthstone maine hors normandy gourmet accommodations bathrobes
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2023

We have been coming here for the last 7 years and always loved it. The place was sold recently to new owners and it has gone down hill quickly. You book a room? They cancel the room the day before, and if you are lucky they move you to a different one. (last time they lied about "urgent repairs" in the room while we discovered the detached location we booked the room was closed all together).
They painted the walls flat, dull grayscale colors removing vibrant victorian wallpaper, and removed a great deal or historic memorabilia that was part of the inn.
Breakfast: cold coffee, runny eggs and watery oatmeal, with a sausage so hard my knife couldn't cut it. "Baked" mini croissants were store bough but heated in the oven to make them look like fresh. Cheap tricks.
Piles of leaves everywhere, 6 propane tanks laying in the middle of a walkway. a broken cart and wobbly steps. My heart is in pieces, this place used to be so warm and welcoming when Michael Salmon was there with his wife which I don't remember the name anymore. --- Bye Bye Hart Stone inn, we will part ways forever.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2023

Worst hotel experience of my life. Beware of these frauds. I made sure to confirmed my suite booking for 6 people in August. Bought flights to east coast for our holiday weekend. At 9pm the night before check-in, the hotel emailed to say they never had a room of us and offered no alternative. Whole town was booked for the night. I was personally out thousands of dollars. They could careless. Oh wait, they did offer free cancelation (and maybe an airbnb that wasn’t bookable because they gave me less than 24 hr notice). I would be careful considering staying with this one!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Will P
Reviewed 17 October 2023

My husband and I stayed in the Rose Hip room. It is literally a two-minute walk from the main Manor. Not a big deal at all. Plus, the layout of the premises is clearly outlined on the website. Do your own research. The room was well-appointed and cozy. There are steps to get to the room, but the description on the website - and photos - clearly point that out, so, I don't get the complaints. Rose Hip is very quiet and comfortable, with lots of drawers and outlets to charge your devices. Every day the room is straightened out by a super friendly staff (we talked with them and they couldn't be nicer and warmer to us). The shower/tub combination could be a bit of a challenge for physically impaired guests, but I don't see a solution other than getting rid of the tub. But then again, some people would complain that there is no tub....The delicious and abundant breakfast is served in cozy rooms - we used two out of the three dining areas and they all were very cozy and comfortable. Lots of items for breakfast that are replenished as needed and very quickly. Everything was tasty. Yes, the same items every day...but I eat the same breakfast every day at home, I do not need to change the menu every day only because I am on vacation. It was super filling as it was. Plus, the scrambled eggs were delicious and so were the jams and the granola. Let's talk about Ms Cai....the highlight of Hartstone Inn! I have Celiac Disease - for those who don't know ...and there seem to be many... it is a severe allergy to gluten and gluten products. Cross-contamination is another immense risk.. a crumble of gluten-bearing items and I will be sick for a week if I am lucky. Ms Cai was so attentive! The gluten-free bread that she served me every morning came from the kitchen on a different plate. She personally made sure that it didn't touch any other breakfast bread. She - so graciously - let me use my own toaster so I could have warm and toasted bread with my scrambled eggs. She educated herself about the jams and preserves and confirmed they were gluten-free and safe for me to eat. She went out of her way to ensure I was safe and healthy and not once did I get sick. I can't thank her enough. She took her time to chat with us every morning with her sweet, warm, and kind manners. I ordered a picnic backpack to celebrate our 22nd anniversary...The food was delicious, not overdressed like so many times in the US. It was something I would cook in my own kitchen and completely enjoy. The Chef came out and reassured me that there was no gluten whatsoever and that he took all safety precautions...It was delicious, we had a fantastic rest of the day and - once more - I did not get sick. I am sure I am forgetting something, but thank you for everything. It was perfect, flawless. Maine stole my heart. We will be back to visit such a wonderful State and a wonderful Manor managed by wonderful people. All of them. Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 13 October 2023

We enjoyed our stay but felt that a couple of things needed improvement to give a 5 star rating. Pros - location , on site parking, large room, incredibly comfortable bed, great breakfast selection, friendly staff. Cons - no in room tea or coffee making facilities in the Hideaway & whilst they are available in the guest pantry, I don't expect to have to get dressed & to go outside to access another building if I want a cup of tea when I wake up in the morning. The water temperature in the shower & bath was lukewarm at best & although the front desk offered to send maintenance, we just wanted to relax in our room without being disturbed. Camden is a lovely town & the views from the top of Mount Battie are superb! Would definitely recommend a visit to the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2023 via mobile

Hartstone Inn is in a great location with friendly staff. Breakfast is buffet style, which does not allow for much chit chat with other guests. The food served was the same each day, eggs, sausage, fruit and pastries. We stayed in Toscana, beautiful room with extremely soft mattress. If you prefer a firmer bed, I would ask which rooms have a firm bed. Camden is a small town with many bed and breakfasts, lots of choices. My take away is, if you prefer a breakfast with a seated format that allows for conversation, you may want to stay in another inn.

1  Thank Ladonna1968