“booklover”

Hartstone Inn & Hideaway
Ranked #3 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Simply amazing! Found the Inn through a groupon and took advantage of an excellent deal.
Far beyond my wildest expectations. Inn is wonderfully accomodating and elegant. Food - to say it was superb is an understatement. We shall be back. How could we stay away?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathy H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Wow! I can't say enough great things about the Hartstone Inn in Camden, Maine. We expected a nice place to stay with good food, but not this! The food was PHENOMENAL - even my husband (who is not a foodie) couldn't believe how good everything was. The service was impeccible and our room was warm and inviting. I've ordered Michael's cookbook so I can relive our meals until I can return. It's a far distance for us to travel, but I guarantee we will be back!
Thank you for allowing us to stay in your inn!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Paris room - it was comfortable and quiet with a fireplace and a view of the street...
1  Thank C K
Reviewed 15 April 2012

It was our first trip to the Maine mid-coast. A friend told us about the Hartstone Inn so we checked it out on-line. Without exaggeration it was one of the best experiences of our travels. The room was top notch, the meals were excellent and the personal attention was wonderful.
We had a memorable experience - not to be forgotten.
Yes - we will return.
Thank you Michael and Mary Jo !

Room Tip: We had the Cottage Suite but i think any of their suites would be excellent.
1  Thank john e
Reviewed 12 April 2012

It was our first visit to the Hartstone Inn in four years. It was well worth the visit! We stayed in the Garden Suite, a beautiful two-level suite with a garden theme. It had a nice living area down below and sleeping area in the loft above. Michael, Mary Jo, and their staff were the perfect hosts. They had recomendations for things to do, made sure that we had arrangements for dinner, and made sure that our stay was perfect. I experienced one of their foodie adventures - I was chef for a day and spent four hours in the kitchen with Michael (the owner/chef) and his two additional chefs. I helped prepare the five - course dinner - which was nice because my wife and I were able to enjoy the meal later in the evening for our anniversary. During the session, I learned from all three chefs, who made sure that I had a chance to help prepare or observe the preparation of all of the food items served that evening. They also answered all of my questions and made me feel right at home! It was my second foodie adventure at the inn. I am sure that I will return and experience others.

1  Thank Joe R
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I have stayed at many B&B's and small inns from the Select Registry membership listings. Hartstone Inn would rate among the very best of the stays we have had to date. There were many thoughtful touches that make this place special. The original artwork on the walls, quality furniture, and decorative pieces added a lot of elegance to the room. I loved that they had music playing for us in the room when we checked in. The room had many little thoughtful touches that were appreciated. We went on one of the suggested walking tours around town and it was beautiful. We also enjoyed the tea and cookies in the beautiful parlor, and as others have noted Michael's cooking for dinner and breakfast was some fantastic dining. The bed was amazingly comfortable with butter-soft linens. I wish we had longer to relax and enjoy!

I typically am not one to return to the same place twice (too many new places to explore!), but I think that that we will definitely make a point to return to this inn because it was that special!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank beccarette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Lord Camden Inn
10.2 km away
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
0.5 km away
Relais & Chateaux Camden Harbour Inn

Been to Hartstone Inn & Hideaway? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK