This place was everything I could have possibly imagined for a first class Bed and Breakfast. Though it was very expensive, it was worth doing at least once, and we liked it so much we booked an extra night on our way back through Camden, Maine. I'm pretty limited in the foods I will try but I loved everything the chef had chosen for dinner the first night we were there. From the appetizers and cocktail selection during the early evening cocktail hour with other guests to the 4 course meal with wine and coffe for dessert, everything was perfectly prepared. The presentations were beautiful but the real treat was to the palate. I believe we have eaten in some of the best restaurants in the country and this may have been the best meal I have ever had. I can't say enough about the food. Our room, The Lavender Room, was equally satisfying. It was a two room suite with bed and half bath on one side and the shower/tub and living area with fireplace on the other side. The decor was cozy and classy but the bed was the greatest feature. I loved the mattress and linens so much I didn't want to get out of bed. There was plenty of privacy though we were in a full house. Breakfast the following morning was beyond anything I could have expected and by far the best I've ever had. We were served fresh juice, a combination of OJ and Cranberry, a parfait of granola, banana bread, yogurt tossed with fresh fruit....mostly blueberries as this was their season. The main course was a delicate pancake served hot in the skillet with delious fruit and toppings. The china and silverware and overall atomosphere was one of complete elegance. Finally the location is dead in the center of town and we walked to the docks and watched the sailors and fishermen readying thier boats for the day. We could have booked a sailing from the little harbor but the weather was not in our favor so we hiked the Camden State Park instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fine dining B&B Fodor's considers "An elegant and sophisticated retreat and culinary destination offering a unique experience in pampered luxury." Recipient of AAA's 4 Diamond Award of excellence for lodging and dining. Luxurious amenities include: memorable multi-course breakfast, fine linens & robes, down comforters and pillows, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, MP3 players, TV/DVD, complementary WiFi and guest computers. Enhance your stay w/a gourmet picnic, massage or become Chef for the Day! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hartstone Inn & Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartstone Inn And Hideaway
- Hartstone Inn & Hideaway Hotel Camden
- Hartstone Inn & Hideaway Camden, Maine