“Go for the view, and the quiet”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camden
Beloin's on the Maine Coast
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Venice, Florida
“Go for the view, and the quiet”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Don't go if you're looking for mints on your pillow or chintz at the windows! As long as you don't mind rustic...the view is spectacular. And so quiet. We were there 2 nights...the first was unfortunate timing, Hurricane Irene (our window was boarded up, we had to stay in the motel section away from the water). But the next morning was perfect, so we enjoyed an awesome day #2.

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage #28 and loved it...single cottage, on the end. Neighbor on one side but a beau...
Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 August 2011

If you are looking for scenic, this is the best. I have returned to Beloins time and again. Often is it a stopping point on my way to another spot, but usually it is my ultimate destination. Even got to see a group of 13 seals from my cottage window one time. I love being in Camden, but being outside the hustle of the busy tourist scene. I have been returning to Beloins for years and plan to continue to make this one of my frequent getaways.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy B
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My husband and I decided to take a trip up to Rockland and Camden without realizing it was Lobsterfest. We figured we'd try and find a place to stay overnight, but if not we'd just head home late that night. After calling a few places that were booked, we called Beloins and it just so happened that they had one last minute vacancy. It was premium weekend rates, but they said it was right on the water. So we decided to go for it. The rooms are really not too great, felt a little grimy but okay to sleep in. The room had a screened in balcony looking directly out on the ocean. They also have a private little beach within walking distance. It's all rocks though, no sand. I think their prices are way too high for what they offer. Camden is a beautiful town, but we would definitely book ahead next time and find somewhere nicer. The owners seemed friendly. The rooms by the road did look creepy and like people maybe live there all summer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TJVatcher
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We had traveled to Maine for the Rockland lobster festival and had booked 2 rooms at this motel. If you go by their website the place seems great. Don't be fooled. there are 2 motels on this property, 6 rooms each. The explaination on their website describes the motel rooms on the actual shore not the rooms by the roadside. All of the pictures of the rooms are of the shore motel. I did not see the motel rooms by the shore but if they were anything like the roadside rooms they are disgusting. The roadside rooms DO NOT have big picture windows or sliding doors that lead to a balcony. When we first arrived the place looked decent from the street. We had checked in and were directed to our rooms. When we pulled up in front of the rooms there were people who seem to be living there sitting outside. Very creepy people. They looked to me as if they had drug problems also. None of them were friendly enough to even smile in our direction. Even though we were already starting to feel uncomfortable we decided to give it a chance and moved our bags into the rooms. As we did our walkthrough it was clear that the showers hadn't even been attempted to be cleaned, the carpet was dirty and looked as if it were from the 1960's or 70's. After settling in for a few minutes I had visited our 2nd room and while I was standing there talking to my mother we heard some very obsene noises coming from the next room over. We were traveling with a 6 year old child who did not need to hear things like that. It was at that point we decided to call around for another place to stay. We packed everything into the car and as I was doing the walkthrough to make sure we had everything I turned to my mom and said "why is the toilet running?" No one had used the bathroom. I walked in to investigate and discovered it was the shower next door that I was hearing. It sounded like they were inside the same room. The walls are thinner than paper with absolutely no insolation at all. We went to the office and expressed our concers with them and they were nice enough to not charge us for the room, which I don't think they should have anyway. We woound up staying another 20 miles north of there for almost the same price for the 2 rooms combined. The area is beautiful, the town of Camden is a great place to do shopping and have a great meal.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank shawn8609
Lancaster, NH
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Wife and I stumbled upon Beloins in 1987 and have been returning yearly. There is no place like it on the coast of Maine - We have looked for other alternatives ONLY out of fear it will close one day. Quiet, incredible views, close to ocean, secluded, paths to beach, rocks to sit on, friendly accomodating owners and staff. Many of the guests there return every year.

Cabins and rooms by ocean are nothing fancy - just comfortable / cozy with everything you need. We will be returning in a couple weeks....and next year!!!

Room Tip: Ocean front cottages / motel - Both really nice
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank CharlieLancaster_NH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
2.2 km away
5.2 km away
Inn at Ocean's Edge
Inn at Ocean's Edge
#2 of 5 in Lincolnville

Been to Beloin's on the Maine Coast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK