“Fresh! ”

Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Camden
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 32
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Please Check Our Website For More Accurate Menu Samples And Hours Of Operation! Thank You!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We loved this place. We sat at a small quiet table near the bar. Our Romanian server was the best as was the mixologist. We started with a great rye Manhattan, rocks back. It was perfect with a very special and delicious cherry. We shared the Japanese Little Gem Romaine Salad with edamame and a miso vinaigrette that was both beautiful and delicious. We also shared the special: Grilled Black Cod served over pasta with fresh vegetables. It was a very ample serving for the two of us. Highly recommend this place! No water view, but the food, service and ambiance made up for it.

1  Thank PhyllisBarrier
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a gem of a place. After several great days of coastal Maine dining, my wife and I were searching for something different and delicious. Luckily, we stumbled on to Fresh and co. We were very pleased with the unique and quality dishes. The seafood stew was incredible and big enough for two people. Whatever you do in Camden, make sure to get a table here.

1  Thank steely_greg
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fresh is a crazy popular Mecca for foodies made so by it's location near Camden Harbor and it's innovative spin on dishes using Maine's bounty of fresh locally sourced ingredients. The space is tight, can be crowded and noisy at peak meal times. Reservations strongly recommended. The later one dines, the more quiet the space is, but some entrees may have sold out. Many of the dishes have their origins in Mediterranean cuisine (Italian, Greek, etc), but don't expect the usual run of the mill entrees. Two visits proved that you can expect the unexpected. If a featured dish intrigues you on the night you dine, best to order it as it might not be on the menu the next time you visit. The restaurant is run by a Bulgarian and on our first visit a Bulgarian cheese appeared on the menu. My hubby enjoyed a Baxter Brewing IPA served in the company's moose logo glass. Starter was a shared Poutine with a nice twist using feta cheese in place of the usual cheese curds. Hubby's entree was a wonderful Lobster Rissotto while I had a lighter 'Wedge' salad - deconstructed and served as a heap of ingredients (see photo) including a lettuce that didn't look or thankfully taste like the usual cheap iceberg. My guess - a locally grown lettuce that was much more delicious and attractive. The housemade dressing tied the salad ingredients together nicely. Dessert was housemade Buttermilk ice cream and wild honey sundae while hubby enjoyed Cour de Pomme Canadian apple liquor. The second visit found the menu very different - starter Turkish Market Caesar Salad - 2 quarters of Romaine lettuce, onion, artichoke and olives with a flavorful curry lime dressing. A sample bite from my husband's plate made me think OMG, wish I'd ordered it too. My lobster loving husband feasted on the Lobster Fried Rice which had a spicy kick and was nothing like the Fried Rice one gets in Chinese restaurants here in the US. I had the Black Sea Moussaka on Crispy Eggplant featuring a lamb ragu with just the right hint of cinnamon and an incredibly creamy sheep's milk bechamel sauce that was totally absent of any flour flavor, always the mark of a well made bechamel. The portion was so large I was ashamed that I couldn't finish it all. With a glass of red wine, this meal was deeply satisfying. We will surely be back some day to see what culinary surprises Fresh is cooking up.

1  Thank directorfantasies
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have eaten here many times on our 7 or 8 trips to Camden .We are 69 yo. &
travel to certain spots for relaxation , great food, quiet, and to see interesting sites.
We did the busy-busy__hurry-hurry don't miss a thing trips when I was in medicine
and we had to drain everything from a 4 day medical trip. No longer!!
All to say that Fresh offers delicious food no doubt. Sometimes you cannot fathom
what is coming Last night my wife had a seafood puff pastry that was delicious. I
tried a "ravioli" that resembled a seafood pasta w spicy marinara sauce!Different!!!

1  Thank CRA22
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My party revisited Camden during an impromptu trip to Maine, visiting some of our favorite spots. Dusk came on more quickly than we had expected, and we were hungry. There are several nice restaurants near Fresh & Co, but a Saturday evening in August is a heavy time, and tables were hard to come by, or so we were told at one place with a two-thirds empty patio and a wait of fifty minutes. I walked along the street looking at the various places, and the posted Menu at Fresh interested me. As it turned out, they could accommodate my party on the patio. We made a meal of appetizers.

The food was delicious, beautifully prepared and in no way ordinary. Their offerings vary from day to day depending on what is available. I hope to have their panzanella salad the next time I am there. They have a deft way of bringing unique ingredients together in a delicious whole. The view is pretty nice, too. And if you want, they'll let you sit on the sidewalk