“...the hype???????”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I'm sorry, I just don't get the hype. I think it is just that this place is unusual for Maine, which is all about seafood. The food is good, but not "oh my God, this is incredible" good the way the newspaper articles and some reviews would suggest. I had the pad Thai and my husband had the ginger chicken-- both were good. The restaurant is very tiny and you will probably wait for a table even though you have reservations ( and reservations are a must.). There are tables for about 20 with space for 6 more at the bar. The waitstaff is efficient but not very engaging. Would I recommend this place to a friend? Certainly. Will I return? Unlikely.

2  Thank NWRob

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a small place, about 6 tables, plus 6-8 bar seats, so you really need reservations during high season. I see another reviewer says they are supposed to be moving soon which would be great.
I cannot say enough about the food. Most tasty Thai I have ever had.
I gave only four stars because our waitress admitted to delivering our appetizer to another table of people who were seated after us, so we had to wait for another order to be cooked. No compensation for the inconvenience was offered.
In addition, two of the four of us ordered wine and these were 4 ounce pours at 6 ounce prices.
However, I would go there again. Great quality on the food for the prices you pay.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Unfortunately we couldn't get a table as walk ins so we got takeaway instead. So tastey though. We had the pork jerkey, pad thai and dumplings (gyotie style) and the perk especially was amazing; we're going to try and replicate it at home.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

This place is really delicious. A fabulous lunch spot. Really good ingredients, and well executed Thai food compared to what we are used to in NYC. Very friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Crab fried rice. Would give 5 stars but place is a hole in the wall. They are moving to a new location soon. Menu is a nice change for Maine.