“Not Bad--Nice View”
Review of Sea Dog Brewing Co

Sea Dog Brewing Co
Ranked #23 of 53 Restaurants in Camden
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We stopped in for an early supper & we were not disappointed. The Sea Dog is essentially a pub & pub food & pub ambiance is what you get. They have a pretty extensive menu with burgers, wraps, salads fish entrees, etc. (& lobster, of course) Our server was very friendly & the service was quick. A big plus is the harbor view! My wife & I both got the fish & chips ($33) The portions were large & the fish was good. Really, nothing to complain about. While it's no better or worse than dozens of other pubs I've been in it was more than adequate for a quick, inexpensive dinner.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Had their fish and chips and an in house brewed beer. Very filling and a wonderful view of the Camden Harbor from the 2nd floor dining room. Food was fresh and great. Service was fast and courteous.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I ordered the Grilled Brussel Sprout Salad. ($12) the Brussel Sprouts were raw and inside, inedible. I returned them and got a Clam Chowder morning bateau. It was very good. My mom ordered the Quoina Salad. She said it was good.
We sat on the outside porch.
Eh... nothing special....

1  Thank HeathersS
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We came here for some late night beers and a snack on a Friday night. The beer selection was outstanding with many different types of beers on type so everyone can find something that they like. The three draft beers I had were all tasty and refreshing! We ordered a pretzel appetizer and it was pretty good too. We sat outside and the decor was charming with a nice view. Our service was attentive and friendly and it wasn’t too crowded for a late Friday night. There doesn’t seem to be too many options open past 10 in Camden, so this was a good place to go to wind down after having dinner and exploring the town. We would definitely come back.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We live locally and have been to the seadog many times! It was a place where every one could find something they like to eat! I usually go when I want tuna! We have had some issues with the service and food on occasion too but we have always wanted to go back! Today my husband had the day off and I had plans for the evening so we decided to get an early dinner! Our server was great but the food was disgusting! I decided to get two appetizers for my dinner! Rare seared tuna and the cold seafood appetizer! I tried the tuna and it was ok! But the $20+chilled seafood appetizer was horrible! It looked nice on the plate but it was definitely not good! I tried the half lobster tail that was ok then I when I tried the crab I almost vomited instantly! It was so rotten it instantly flipped my stomach and I have been nauseous since! It's smell and taste was so nasty and rotten I couldn't even sip the water because it made me feel so lousy! The waitress took it away and took it off our bill. I told her that she should definitely make sure that the kitchen doesn't serve those crabs to another customer and she said that she could smell the awful odor coming from the crab and the cook was going to check the rest of the crab! She offered me something different for dinner but it had made me I'll and I couldn't drink the water or eat another bite of my tuna! It ruined my family's dinner because everyone of us could just smell rotten crab and flies were buzzing around the table! The meal for our family that was ruined cost me $85 and the rest of the day and night feeling sick!
I just want to add that the seafood was lucky it was me who got the bad food and not someone who has issues! I grew up on the coast of Maine and have worked on sick shoveling bait and as a cna! I have had bait juice get splashed into my mouth and seen and smelled some awful things in my life but never had this reaction from it! Those crab legs had to have been rotting for awhile!!! I honestly don't know how someone preparing the plate could have not smelled such a rank odor! The flies definitely did! I should have smelled it before I ever got it near my mouth but I was distracted by the kids swatting the flies and not eating their own food that I an still paying the price! There are many really good seafood restaurant around Camden and Rockland and this was such a horrible experience that I don't believe my family and I will ever go back! I would never recommend Camden Seadog to anyone! The only thing that is consistently good is the view!!!

2  Thank Maria W