See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Once again, I was glad that I bring Clorox wipes and Lysol with me everywhere. I checked in for two nights, but canceled my second night in the morning. Upon entering my room, the first thing I checked as always was the toilet....it had urine and public hair under the seat and on the rim. I was tired after a day's work and just wanted to relax, so I cleaned it. I went to turn on the A/C... I was disgusted. Totally filthy and filled with what looked like black mold. The gross drain plugs to the shower and sink were out.... I'm not sure why. I'm guessing because their drains were backed up with who knows what. The corners of the room were also filthy. The refrigerator was dirty also. It's like the owner of this hotel doesn't even care. There are plenty of bad reviews on here about this place. You don't have many choices where to stay in Calais, luckily the motel across the street was a pleasant surprise.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Jay D
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Calais Motor Inn was a pleasant surprise.. i had no reservation but went in and asked if they had a dog friendly room available..luckily they did..the front desk was very friendly and helpful, and it was only 10 dollars extra for my pup..the room was neat and clean with a queen bed, fridge, and microwave..nothing fancy but comfortable..they have a pub style restaurant which was very good..the service was friendly and the food was delicious. Across the street is a walking path along the river and there is a convience store right across the street.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kimberly A
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This inn is located in the border city of Calais on the U.S. side. We paid $79 plus tax for a double room. The place is worn out but the receptionist was nice. The outside is definitely nicer than the inside. Do not get room 106. It's right across from the laundry room for the housekeepers and they were very loud at 8:00 a.m.

Room tip: Avoid room 106.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Have stayed her several times over the past few years. Rooms are average, stay away from the kitchen area if you can. Food is tavern grade fare, very good for your buck. Staff has been exceptional in all regards. Always been in a large group when visiting and service is A-1. prices are reasonable, food is great. I am a biker, I don't look for a high end dining experience, just good value for my money.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I really expected more from a town with a waterfront. Almost everything was closed. Found a restaurant called Nino's. Stopped at the Lighthouse and red Beach. Not spectacular but since we were there. Hardly worth a four hour drive though. This town would probably be good for ATVs with a passport

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie A