“Wide variety of items, many vegetarian, well prepared”
Review of Frontier Cafe

Frontier Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Frontier Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: International, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Lunch here, while visiting during Bowdoin's Family Weekend, was aesthetically pleasing inside and out. Food was well prepared and portions were generous. Our waitress was attentive but gave us time to enjoy our food and each other's company.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

We went to the Frontier Cafe while visiting a friend who lives in Brunswick who has dined there many times. We were there for a late lunch so the place was not very busy but with the size of the room could handle lots of people. The restaurant itself is inside an old mill building and has many of the details left such as the huge wooden beams, wide wooden board floors, and big windows looking out to the falls. There is also a very large function room where a wedding was happening while we were there but with the size there was little carry-over into the restaurant. Our friend has had many of the entrees on the menu but for the day we were there we all had the fired cod-he had the fish and chips, my wife and I the fish sandwich. I had regular fries they both had sweet potato fries that were some of the best I have ever had. The fish was very fresh and breaded in a buttermilk-rice flour mixture that gave it a very light coating that was excellent. There are other fresh seafood menu items that I would definitely try if there again. The bar area is as you come in with a good menu of locally brewed beers and our wait person was able to speak to some of the beers when asked. We all had a beer but there is also a nice wine list and some good drink offerings. We will definitely got there again when in the Brunswick area. The food is very good, the restaurant is is open and light, and our service was excellent.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Went to Frontier with a group of people, I had been there once before and was not impressed but most had not been there before. My coffee was cold and my meal was lukewarm and others complained of cold food. I ordered Risotto which was edible but not really good, others ordered fish and chips which they enjoyed so 2 of the 5 at my table were satisfied with their dinner. Not a good percentage. Would not go back again. Too many good restaurants in Brunswick to spend time at this one..

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch, although it is a bit pricey. I guess if you are going to pay as much for lunch as you would a dinner, then the food should be excellent and it was. We went for lunch and then enjoyed a movie in their intimate theater.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and I dined here last night. The place was full and we found a place at the bar. We had the frontier burger – and it was delicious. The specialty cocktails looks good, and the bartender was busy.