“Don't stay here during a snowstorm” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Don't stay here during a snowstorm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

The room was expected for the price.

The first "non-smoking" room was obviously a smoking room. There was a cigarette butt outside of the room. They did move us to another room that was really "non-smoking."

There was about 5" of snow when we arrived (3PM) and the parking lot had not been plowed. We got stuck trying to park our car, so we borrowed their shovel to get ourselves unstuck and shovel out a parking spot.

The next morning (around 9AM) when we tried to leave, the lot had still not been plowed so we had to try and ram our car through the snow bank to get to the street. We got stuck in full view of the hotel dining room. As my husband shoveled us out again, I called the hotel to ask if they were planning to plow. They told me twice that they had called the plow and then hung up on me.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MeanMomWithMoney
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Spend the extra twenty bucks and go somewhere else, this place is gross and dirty and the management/owners are as rude as can be.
Upon initial inspection the room looked clean enough, but as we climbed into bed we realized the bed was full of hairs--clearly they had not even washed the sheets. The only other people that checked in (we were there in the off season) were put right next to us, and they were nasty, grimy old druggie types who had a cab come and drop off more nasty, grimy old druggie types at 1am. They were up all night swearing and, one can only assume, doing meth or something of that nature. When we told the owner at the front desk about the hairs he was dismissive and told us we should have checked the bed to make sure it was clean before commiting to stay. Then he told me it was not his problem, but mine. So, yeah...spend the extra twenty bucks.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank flyingshoes79

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Saint John NB
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

I had scheduled a stay there and reserved with my credit card. I called to cancel 3 days prior to my visit and the guy told me he had no record of me, his excuse was that they had changed to Rodeway from the Viking. I said fine,just as long as I wasn't charged for my room. He assured me that I wouldn't be charged, but I hardly felt assured and guess what? I was charged anyway!! I called the guy who said he would look into it and he'd call me back. Well... he never called me back, so my next call was to Mastercard who intervened and refunded my money back to my card. They totally tried to rip me off and did nothing to rectify the matter. STAY AWAY!!!

Stayed September 2008
3 Thank NBfamily
Edenton, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2007

The room had an odor to it when I arrived. It was supposed to be a smoke free room and did not appear to be, the window was left open (it was 12 degrees). I was there to see my son off as he is in the Navy and was being deployed. When I attempted to get into the bed the sheets were dirty (blood and hair) there was also sand in the bed. I tried to sleep on the blanket. There was no running hot water, the toilet was not in proper working order and the towels and face cloths had a foul oder to them.

I would never stay at this hotel again, I was not in a great place to begin with but this made my trip truly horrible. The price was inviting but you really do get what you pay for!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank dlf72360
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2007

After reading other reviews of this motel, we were nervous about staying. However, we had our dog with us and so had few options. We were very pleasantly surprised! The room we had (Number 32 at the back of the property), was newly refurbished, clean and quiet. It had a kitchenette, with full size stove and refrigerator and microwave. All new furniture and rugs. They also had a free breakfast, include make your own waffles. For the price, this was a great deal.

• Liked — Clean, newly redone
  • Disliked — Close to road
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Webadelic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
6.6 km away
6.9 km away
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
8.3 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK