“A great evening”

Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 50
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second visit. Excellent food and friendly, accommodating staff. This is one of the best restaurants in all the mid-coast Maine region. Small plates menu lets you try several things. Make sure you try their "Asian salad."

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

This is a sharing restaurant where you choose a number of dishes which come one at a time and you share between you so consultation is required. The portions are relatively small so 3 to 4 dishes per person is recommended. We had the fried goats cheese and the dim sum from the starters section, followed by the strip beef, the seared chicken and finally the halibut. The accompanying dressings/sauces etc added to the dishes and we also shared a portion of rice. Presentation, texture and flavour were lovely and the service was pleasant and efficient.

We recommend it highly and it is likely that you will need a reservation.

1  Thank emptyhead
Reviewed 25 August 2017

While I love raw bar, lobster rolls, fried clams and such, you can get a bit of palate fatigue after a few days. This was a welcome change of pace in Brunswick, yet the menu still expressed a sense of time and place. I love the sister dumpling place in Portland (I don't want the wait time for a table there to get any longer). This is a more mellow, casually refined ambience. Quick walk to/from the Brunswick Hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to, and one of the most wonderfully interesting and delicious meals I have ever had. I just can't get over how phenomenal my dinner was. I had an asian slaw, the scallops on top of a broccoli puree, and a grilled corn with miso paste. It was all just crazy good. The flavors were extraordinary, and nothing was contrived. It was all perfectly cooked. While the flavors were strong, they were not heavy handed. Just sublime. When I told the waitress I wasn't much of a dessert person, but didn't want my meal to end, she said, "well, if you aren't a dessert person, you might try our panna cotta." It was superb - beautifully presented, and floating in this fresh lime broth. The service was excellent - friendly and attentive, and it looks like they work as a team. I adored every second of this experience ... except the realization of how far away it is from my home (6 hours!). I will make it a point to drive through Brunswick, Maine whenever I have the opportunity.

This really is everything you want it a restaurant experience. Total home run. Hats off to the chefs, owners, and service team.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Interesting concept for an Asian restaurant--all small plates intended to be shared. You order all in advance and they bring them when and in what order they feel appropriate. I'm not sure I really liked that aspect of the experience but taste impressions for the individual dishes ranged from good to excellent, with most in the very good range. The ingredients seemed very fresh and skillfully prepared. Much comes down to personal preferences. The atmosphere has a slightly upscale vibe and the service was very good too. All in all a very good experience in a town that was a disappointment to us from a food perspective.