Review Highlights
No waves but safe for kids

This is a beach at the head of an inlet with no waves for playing in. Good for young children and... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2017
Laura P
nice for a family outing

It has nice facilities for a family outing--BBQ sites, play areas, dressing rooms, etc. But it is... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2017
mtremper
Yountville, California

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 December 2016

It's more a meandering rocky inlet sort of beach that's nonetheless great but just not your typical sandy beach experience. Great place to explore the rocks and tidal pools!

1  Thank Trailfan
Reviewed 29 August 2016

This family friendly campground has a sandy beach and lots of green space for athletic activities. The camp sites are both wooded and in an open grassy area and all are close to the beach. It is possible to camp right at the edge of the beach. Only one drawback: the shower facilities are not as up to date as most campgrounds these days.

2  Thank VermontTeacher44
Reviewed 28 August 2016

We took our two grand-daughters (6 and 9) here for a beach day. It was long past low tide, but the beach area was still mostly mud, and there were many mosquitoes, so they didn't go swimming as planned. The playground was a fun place for them for an hour. They also visited the Fairy House Village and built fairy houses. The Loose Caboose snack bar wasn't open, so we had to leave to get lunch. Not anywhere as much fun as we had hoped.

1  Thank DragonboatFL
Reviewed 6 August 2016

While on vacation I went to check this out with my 3 year old, on a blistering day. We found it after researching and driving around for a couple hours to find a nice spot to let her play/ swim. Got there at noonish, only to find clammers up to their knees in mud. Gah. Wish I knew it was a high tide beach. No where in the research did I find that tidbit of info.
Had to stay because she wasn't going to leave and I wasn't searching for another place. High tide wasn't until 3:45. Thankfully my pregnant sister came with me because she was so stinking hot she didn't give a rats tail that the ground was so muddy you stuck to it, and the water coming in with the tide was murky, and of course my 3 year old could have cared less. She just wanted in the water. Once the tide finally started coming in, it did come fairly quickly.

The grounds of the entire campground seem very well maintained. There was a small play ground too. Thank god.
Sounds like they have a killer bluegrass festival in August. Wish I could go back up for that.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

The bugs were so bad at other local beaches that we were desperate to have just one day in the water. This place does not show up on tourist sites, but is a gem. I could stay here all week! The beach is pristine and calm. They keep the area very clean. It was a very small fee for a great day, better than the state park beaches any day.

1  Thank Evelene A