“Check the tide”
Review of Thomas Point Beach

Thomas Point Beach
Ranked #10 of 24 things to do in Brunswick
More attraction details
Owner description: Brunswick beach which hosts an annual jazz festival as well as other musical events.
Reviewed 6 August 2016

While on vacation I went to check this out with my 3 year old, on a blistering day. We found it after researching and driving around for a couple hours to find a nice spot to let her play/ swim. Got there at noonish, only to find clammers up to their knees in mud. Gah. Wish I knew it was a high tide beach. No where in the research did I find that tidbit of info.
Had to stay because she wasn't going to leave and I wasn't searching for another place. High tide wasn't until 3:45. Thankfully my pregnant sister came with me because she was so stinking hot she didn't give a rats tail that the ground was so muddy you stuck to it, and the water coming in with the tide was murky, and of course my 3 year old could have cared less. She just wanted in the water. Once the tide finally started coming in, it did come fairly quickly.

The grounds of the entire campground seem very well maintained. There was a small play ground too. Thank god.
Sounds like they have a killer bluegrass festival in August. Wish I could go back up for that.

Date of experience: July 2016

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

The bugs were so bad at other local beaches that we were desperate to have just one day in the water. This place does not show up on tourist sites, but is a gem. I could stay here all week! The beach is pristine and calm. They keep the area very clean. It was a very small fee for a great day, better than the state park beaches any day.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Evelene A
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I haven't been there in years, always took my girls there growing up. They still have a lot of things to do. Jazz festival. Nice place for a picnic.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Bonnie H
Reviewed 2 June 2016

This beautiful spot is in my neighborhood. Always clean and very well maintained. I love checking out the osprey nest. It is an oasis to be enjoyed.

Date of experience: May 2016