All reviews middle class budget hotel tasty food cochin spread
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Last month i stayed in Woods Manor. Its a very good hotel. Nice hospitality. Spacious rooms and the food is also good .The location is good .The hotel is in heart of the city.The staff is also very cooperative

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2016

A group of friends and I stayed here for one night after a few weeks of being in India. We booked it online because it looked like a nicer hotel and we wanted an evening to relax before leaving India.

While the rooms were a decent size, the photos on the internet have definitely been made to look much nicer than they were in reality. There were numerous stains on the walls and the bathroom wasn't clean. Website stipulated a 'bath' in the room but really it was hardly big enough to fit a person in.

The pool hadn't been cleaned but was warm.

The staff were good on check in, although an additional bed hadn't been setup in one of the rooms we'd booked (which we'd requested on booking) and we had to ask 3 times for this to be done. on Agoda, it says that there is free wi-fi which isn't true and its outrageously expensive which is a bit ridiculous considering we had received free wi-fi even at the cheapest places throughout our stay in India.

The staff at the front desk were ok, one was particularly nice the other staff we encountered in the hotel seemed very offish and unfriendly.

The location was ok, being on MG road, not too far from the ferry or shops. Handy that check out is 24 hours after you check in, regardless of the time. Beds were softer than most in India, and had actual inner-spring mattresses which were nice. The fans in our rooms didn't work, neither did the air con temperature control.

Overall, it wasn't that expensive but still could've been better than it was for the price. Mostly disappointing to see that it was not like it looked on the website.

Breakfast was ok. Nothing fantastic.

Room tip: Probably ask for a better room when you arrive - we should have.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2016

spacious,well planned,cosy,comfortable,spacious,well furnished,clean and nice rooms.good dining,very efficient 24 hour room service with good,varities,freshly cooked tasty food. style and comfort are in perfect harmonyd served in restaurant with all inhouse facilities for visitors

Room tip: good hotel for comfortable stay
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2016

It was at dawn i checked in. Hospitality was shown a new meaning: Warmth with Love! I checked out a little after dusk. I knew why it was called Gods Own Country. I felt lost amidst the love of Mr. Shaji and crew. All the best team and god bless everyone.

Vipin,Anju, Joshitha, Sibi and Rajesh : Front office
Mr.James : Massage center
Ms. Suria, Ms. Lipti, Ms. Maria the smiling angels at the restaurant
Everyone of the housekeeping and Room service department
Mr Shivan the security.

If I had missed anyones name,please bear with me.

Room tip: Elegant Rooms, Exclusive service
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Its close to Busy Commercial Street, MG Road. The location makes it accessibility to all corners. My stay was enjoyed and the staff was also friendly too. I would refer to FF and Colleagues. I will make my next stay in this Hotel.

Room tip: Close to Commercial Street
Date of stay: December 2015