1,303 results
All reviews el sol freddy's bar beach beds every morning juan pablo tortillas four seasons garden room beach service the cantina ceviche bar plunge pool workout room snorkeling trip turquoise water main building mayan culture
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

For five days and four nights I enjoyed this gorgeous pearl of the caribbean which keeps properly the essence of the mayan culture combinated with great luxury, surrounded by the wildness of the jungle ,a virgin beach and a delicious food. We had a really authentic experience in Belmond Maroma Resort that wouldn't have happened without the professionalism of all the staff so my compliments to the executive team for the leadership. Particularly I must point out the amazing nice treatment that we received from Mr. Diego Lozano who made sure that we had an exceptional time there and who also impressed me with his wisdom, leadership and huge emotional intelligence despite his youth.

I truly recommend this resort!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
BelmondMaroma, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear JosephEislar,

I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed every second of your time at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa allowing us to pamper you from start to finish, with our well-known handmade hospitality that has won many hearts. I thank you having mentioning Diego, a valuable member of my management team. I will make sure he receives your accolades.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to our little paradise.

Until then, with kind regards.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Where to begin? The thought and care that went into every single one of my meals and experiences was outstanding. I was greeted with a welcome cocktail and immediately made to feel at ease. Breakfasts (which were included) had delicious food with creative food and thoughtful, professional service. Each day, my room was made into an oasis with candles, caftans, and coffee in the morning. I loved everything about this place. Plus, they are very lgbtq+ friendly!

Room Tip: Jungle views are nice and quiet (and a few floors up are great)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank esleslesl89
BelmondMaroma, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear esleslesl89,

I appreciate you having taken a moment to share your kind feedback with us. Mexico is well known for its delightful cuisine and I am glad to know that you enjoyed every flavor we offer at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, which combined with our handmade hospitality, led to a perfect experience.

We will be happy to welcome you back to continue pampering with our very own Belmond way.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Belmond Maroma! Fantastic place to relax. Loved dinner at the bar with Victor, breakfast with Julio, and all the great staff. The spa deserves all the recognition it gets.

Here is an example of great service: my wife dropped an earring down the bathroom sink drain 30 minutes before pick up to the airport. The front desk had an engineer to the room in 5 minutes, and the earring back in her hands in 10. All at 6 a.m. I struggle to think of another resort that could pull that off! Thank you!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkuppens94
BelmondMaroma, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear kkuppens94,

One of our biggest commitments at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa is to exceed our guests' expectations, and I am proud to know that my team has skillfully worked to meet each one of your needs while enjoying your stay with us. I thank you for sharing your review with me through this platform as I will be happy to share it personally with them, especially with those you kindly remember.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in our little paradise, to continue pampering with our very own Belmond way.

Until then,

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I'll admit we had some concerns traveling to Mexico during hurricane season and after recent travel advisories due to crime or tainted alcohol.

We had zero issues. Cancun airport was super clean and easy. Transport to Belmond was waiting for us. The resort itself is tucked away in an old coconut plantation. Checking in for our entire group was easy. We had a large group which apparently made up about 60percent capacity of the 64 rooms to give you an idea of size.

The rooms are great. Not modern , no TVs... but AC was cold, they were clean, beds are comfy and the bathrooms are cool. The decor of the resort exterior is mayan inspired ... and the walk ways feel like your in the jungle. The spa was incredible.... Fabiola and Sarah are both great there. Freddy (the main bar's namesake who has been there 20 years, Manuel, and Sergio are incredibly friendly Bartenders. Incredible storytellers about the resort and area as well. Drinks were strong..... and great. Food is amazing..... do not miss out on the handmade tortilla quesadillas made by Mattea(sp?)..... complimentary every morning.

We had a little seaweed due to so many recent hurricanes but they do a great job taking it up all day long. Weather was incredible. There's gotta be at least 5 staff members for every 1 guest here. All three pools are clean. Be sure to check out the rooftop for sunsets... great spot for champagne. The sunrises are gorgeous here as well at about 6:30am.

Don't be cheap.... tip the staff well as it's a small place and a dollar to them probably means more to them than it does to you if you're vacationing there.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear djwilltravel,

We welcome your comments at TripAdvisor, thank you for taking a moment and sharing them with all of us.

It has been a true pleasure for us to welcome you at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, while celebrating a very special moment all together, including that champagne at El Mirador, where you can definitely unwind to incredible sunsets.

Thank you for highlighting some members of our Belmond team, I am sure they have appreciate hearing from you too.

I sincerely hope to see you back again in this your home in the Mexican caribbean, very soon, in the meantime, our best wishes.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My daughter and I returned to Maroma for a second time and cannot wait to go back. Every staff member made us feel like we were a part of their family and we had a delightful time. We have traveled many places and for us Maroma is truly one-of-a-kind.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BelmondMaroma, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear M398GCsusanw,

If there is one thing to enjoy in Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, is time, and I am glad to know that you have enjoyed every moment with your daughter, surrounded by a magical atmosphere. Thank you for having shared your review through this platform.

I and the rest of Belmond team, will be delighted to welcome you back for the third time, soon we hope, in this your home in the Mexican Caribbean.

Until then, with my best regards,