The motto of this Inn is:"Come as a stranger,leave as a friend. Your adventure begins at the Vacationland Inn."Up until five years ago, the Vacationland Inn was know as the Twin Cities Motel. The twin cities referred to are Brewer and Bangor. Nostalgia for this place reaches to the far corners of the world. In the seventies, Twin Cities Motel was the layover for many international airline crews.Bangor International was a fuel stop for the Concorde. PanAm.TWA and my airline ,Overseas National. The owner of the Vacationland Inn, Cheryl Bradford was in high school at the time and remembers seeing many crew coming and going.
During my flying career I stayed at this Inn hundreds of time. I always wondered what it was like now as I drove by. I had the opportunity to stay over and was pleasantly surprised.The owners wanted to know the history that I could easily provide.
There is a digital sign outside that provides news of upcoming events,such as the upcoming Bangor Waterfront Concert series.As you walk into the lobby,it carries the true ambience of Maine. There is a big statue of a Maine black bear near a water fountain. Near the fireplace , there are two very confortable Amish rocking chairs.There is a small business center with a computer.The Vacationland Innis really the epitome of Maine which is called the"vacationland state." In the corner of the lobby,by the desk there are "Lobstah Rockahs" for sale made out of genuine lobster traps.There are charming local touches everywhere. Mounted on the wall are authentic snow shoes. And there are large figures of moose,deer and ducks.The welcome sign is definitely out for all guests. The atmosphere is cozy,casual and tranquil.Sixty percent of the guests are Canadian. There are at least ninety available rooms.Five are suites with hot-tubs ,reasonable priced..These "themed" suites are the Camden Supreme Suite,the Light House Suite. the Northwoods Suite. the Victorian Suite and the Nautical Suite.The Manager ,Leeann showed me all the suites on a vip tour.I was in a quiet room in the back building with a king size bed for a avery reasonable rate. In the morning there is a wonderful continental breakfast which is included. Homemade waffles with homemade strawberry and blueberry topping.There are discounts at the Coach House Restaurant if you show your key as well as for Timeout Restaurant with twent percent off deliveries.I was very impressed by the owner's strong commitment to make this Inn so special. Don' t miss going to Marden's for shopping which is very close by. Don't miss the opportunity to stay at a true treasure of Maine! Whether you are on your way to Bar Harbor or coming down from Canada, be sure to put the Vacationland Inn on your itinerary! You will leave as a friend. A very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five (5) Beautiful Themed Suites with hydro-massage bath! Over 40 Drive up rooms. Vacationland Inn offers a variety of rooms to meet travelers needs (Economy to Themed Suites). A home away from home experience. Complimentary Continental Breakfast with Home-made waffles and Wild Maine Blueberry sauce, strawberry sauce and syrup. Vacationland Inn's Organic Coffee freshly roasted by local roasting company and privately labled just for our guests. Juices, toasting breads, cereals and more. Friendly staff that will always go the extra "Smile" to serve our guest needs. The Adventure begins at Vacationland Inn. Your first or return visit - experience the newly remodeled lobby and breakfast room. See you on your future stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Vacationland Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacationland Hotel Brewer
- Vacationland Village Hotel