All reviews take great pride every guest dining table nova scotia hershey chocolate bars room was spotless lynn canada bangor microwave maine bedspread keurig accommodations cleanliness
Reviewed 19 October 2014

Our recent stay at the Colony Motel was excellent!! The proprietors, Lynn & Steve, have gone the extra mile to ensure all their guests are comfortable and content. The rooms are SUPER clean and beautifully decorated. I can honestly say this was one of the best motels I have had the pleasure to have stayed in. If you are travelling to the Bangor/Brewer area for any reason I highly recommend you check this wonderful property out - you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunnyb56
Reviewed 12 October 2014

After having driven all day we just wanted somewhere to sleep for the night. I read the reviews on this motel and I knew we needed to stop and see if they had any rooms available. The moment I walked into the office I felt very comfortable and knew this was the place. It is evident that the owners of this motel are loving what they do. The rooms are decorated very simply. Rooms were exceptionally clean. We will stay here again if we ever get this way. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2014

The owner Lynn was very friendly and responsive to our requests. She really cares about her guests enjoying their stay. Based on previous reviews, I mentioned to her that I am a light sleeper and would prefer a room away from the road noise. She was very accommodating. She was also happy to provide a hairdryer upon request. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The fridge was quiet and in good working order. Lynn kept it stocked with bottles of water. It was very nice to come back to cold water after a day of hiking. We didn't try the microwave. The AC was a little loud, but I found it didn't effect my sleeping at all. The water pressure and temperature in the shower were good. Personally, I would like another shelf in the bathroom for personal items as the pedestal sink doesn't have any counter space, but this is not a real problem since the desk is just outside the bathroom door and has plenty of room. The day that we were leaving, our rental car wouldn't start. Lynn's husband was very understanding, provided directions to a Walmart where we could get the battery replaced, and allowed us a late checkout while we dealt with it. I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Lynn gave me room 6, which had two beds. Its toward the middle of the hotel and quieter. Room 1 would be closest to the road. All of the rooms back to green space and have an equal amount of privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Our stay at the Colony Motel was Excellent. Very clean, welcoming atmosphere. Owners were very kind and went out of their way to make out stay enjoyable. Great location, only 5 minutes away from the Bangor Mall. Highly recommend this motel

Room Tip: Room 11 was awesome
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My daughter and I were looking for a place to stay in Bangor. We saw how fantastic the reviews were for the Colony Motel so decided to try it. We were not disappointed. If you want a place that is family run, immaculate, homey, family friendly, conveniently located, and quiet.... this is the place for you. We will be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family