All reviewstake great prideevery guestdining tablenova scotiahershey chocolate barsroom was spotlesslynncanadabangormicrowavemainebedspreadkeurigaccommodationscleanliness
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Our stay at the Colony Motel was Excellent. Very clean, welcoming atmosphere. Owners were very kind and went out of their way to make out stay enjoyable. Great location, only 5 minutes away from the Bangor Mall. Highly recommend this motel

Room Tip: Room 11 was awesome
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My daughter and I were looking for a place to stay in Bangor. We saw how fantastic the reviews were for the Colony Motel so decided to try it. We were not disappointed. If you want a place that is family run, immaculate, homey, family friendly, conveniently located, and quiet.... this is the place for you. We will be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We had been down-east to Lubec and Campobello Island and had been driving all day. Unfortunately we hadn't made any motel reservations so were looking to stop at the first place we found which happened to be the Colony in Brewer on Rte 9, the "Airline" as they call it.
The place was immaculate. The paint appeared new, the room was bright.
My only criticism was the absence of lighting at the mirror, only an overhead in the bathroom which meant you were in your own shadow while shaving or applying make-up. Also, the bath/shower control was a little funky, hard to get the temp just right.
The inn keeper is way friendly, it's a long time family operation.
Price was competitive as far as we could tell.
There was even a "Welcome" basket of chocolates, instant coffee and tea.
Stay here if you get the chance.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This wonderful, family-owned hotel is a gem. Our room was spotlessly clean and huge! The decor is lovely and the grounds are beautiful. We were very impressed. Rates are extremely reasonable. We will return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank December1472
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is one of those places I almost don't want to tell anyone else about, because I don't want it to fill up before I make my next reservation. I stay there frequently, and it is a very good value: under $100 and very professional, clean, even decorated with care and complimentary Hershey Bars, attentive staff. Family business in at least second generation.

I stop on my way between US and Canada. This permits me to go via Route 9 through Calais/St. Stephen rather than Houlton: a smaller road, quite quiet, but not 95. Depends on your preference; and you can still pop over to 95 if you like. There is not much between Brewer and the Canadian border on Route 9, and cell service drops out.

For me being off the main road is a plus, so i can just drive in and bring my equipment etc. into the hotel with me. Even so there is plenty nearby: Lynn told me about an Italian (Greek?) restaurant about a mile or two away, which I really liked. And the usual Tim Horton's, Dunkin Donuts, etc. So nice to find someplace that is not a chain, with proprietors invested in the business, and at an economical price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business