New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“was awful week! wont come here again.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cozy Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brewer
Cozy Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Brewer B&B and Inns
Brewer, Maine
“was awful week! wont come here again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Welp! Me and my family payed for a week while waiting to get our apartment. Called and was told there was a two bed and couldn't get one when we showed up. Was told that we didn't need a two bed and our son could sleep with us. We was told no party's and loud noises. Understand we are parents, i work and she goes to school, our 8 year old as well. Every information i gave her she questioned everything even tho it had nothing to do with the motel. why we was moving,where did we move from, if i had a job and if my girlfriend worked she replied no, going to school. She asked where? We felt intimidated. Asked if we had a vehicle we said no, she asked well what is the car outside? We replied that was our ride. Was told no cats or dogs and asked if we had any? we replied with a no and was asked are you sure? We said no again. And as far as the room:( It was the worst i have ever walked into. She said we couldn't go in for like ten min. So we figured she had to clean it.?.? Wrong. Floor was dirty, Fridge maid a lot of noise, Phone didn't work for one whole day,No phone book, no channel guide and no number for the front desk,so and problem we had to walk to the office. We pulled back the blanket and was burn holes, blood and stains. We brought our own blankets so luckily we did. My girlfriend needed the internet for school so we asked if it was available and was told yes.. But wasn't able to even after we got the code. No room service. Trash is over flowing and hasn't been changed. No toilet paper was replaced, we bought our own. No clean towels or floor. shouldn't have to ask for those things i would think if your paying $250 for a week. The door had a big gap around the door. It had a hard time latching, had to try closing it a couple times to keep shut. The remote for the TV was given to me and when i tried it,it didn't work she put the battery's in the cover had to be taped shut. I opened it up and realized that they where both going the same way. I mean come on. backwards i can see.. At this time i had enough so i bought new ones. The place is drafty and couldn't even take a nice shower, no hot water happened all week. the shower went from hot to cold the whole time we showered. Went from good pressure to none. The ceiling tiles don't fit in the tracks. I will never waste my money staying here again. I payed for a week and many reasons for me to ask for my money back but wanted to give them the benefit of doubt. Now wish i wouldn't have. I got a good taste of THIS cozy inn. Sad part about all this is she didn't have change and said would leave it in the room. was only a dollar but didn't get it. wouldn't have had a problem with it but look at the book i just wrote about this place and have one more day here. Why move to another hotel when i have only one more day and have to move all my things, we have no vehicle. I hope this is a big help. I want to talk to a higher up because i shouldn't have had to just set here and take all this. I want to be compensated for this horrible stay. I have taken pictures of everything to back up all of this.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Guy M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dartmouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

-The wife was courteous and informative when taking my phone reservation.

The room is well maintained with:
-Interesting lamp adornments
-Enclosed television cabinet with drawers
-A coat rack next to the heater
-Free hi speed wi-fi
-Ample power plugs and seating
-Bathroom amenities
-Excellent handicapped accessibility

I walked in to check in and smelled home cooking and knew I was in good hands.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stephanie B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Just stayed there. Was visiting bar harbor and needed a place to crash. Good rooms. Cheapest around, checked all brewer and Bangor. Service was okay, definitely worth it.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Sam_brandies
Charlottetown, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

With everything booked in Bangor and weary of driving my husband and I stayed at the Cozy Inn out of desperation. A more suitable name for this place would be "Nasty Inn". I wished I had read the reviews. It hasn't changed much. It felt like a half way house with a variety of long term questionable characters. I felt like a character in a bad sixties movie. The room smelled of smoke and lysol. There was garbage in the wastebasket from the last patron and a black hair not belonging to either of us in the sink. Everything was outdated and unclean. I would have felt more comfortable if Norman Bates were the Proprietor.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank dotpete

Travellers are raving about these Brewer hotels

Lewiston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

Working up in the area for the week. Upon completing my work day, I make the 10 minute trek over to the Cozy Inn. When I pull up to the parking lot I immediately puke in my mouth. No usage of the english language can possibly do enough to describe this place. It's like a place out of a movie. It reminded me of a place you bring a 10 dollar hooker for an hour (maybe two hours depending on how she is). After checking in and making my way to my room (passing by all the individuals that apparently call this place their "home", and I don't use the word home loosely, it looked to me like these people literally lived here, don't ask me how) I lasted about 6 minutes before turning around and canceling my stay. The smell of fecal matter and stale cigarettes wasn't that bad, but the feeling that I could be beaten/rape/robbed was just too much. I would have slept for about an hour, tops. No way, no how. I wouldn't wish this place upon my worst enemy, place should be condemned. Seriously, this review just does not do this place justice. If you're ever in the area, go check it out.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
13 Thank benC123456
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
0.1 km away
2.5 km away
Residence Inn Bangor
Residence Inn Bangor
#7 of 26 in Bangor

Been to Cozy Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK