See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We made a reservation through tripadvisor on booking.com on a Wednesday,we got a reservation number and everything. The following monday, 5 days before we are suppose to check in we get an email from booking.com saying that they do not have a room for us. I called the Seagate motel to verify this information and suggest that they notify their customers the next day when they realize there has been a mistake, not 5 days later. They stated that it is a issue with booking.com and they are always doing this to them and that they email booking.com as soon as they get overbooked reservations. So whether it is a Seagate issue or a booking.com issue I would call to confirm they have room so you aren't stuck trying to find a place to stay just a couple days before arriving.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank N
Ramsey L, Regional Manager at Seagate Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Frank,

We are so sorry about this mistake. Without knowing the details, I am happy to honor this with a free stay in the future. Please call me at 207 633 5090 and ask for me and we can discuss details.

My sincerest apologies. The booking websites do often put is in a difficult position selling rooms we just don't have, but I am not trying to pass the blame here. We'll own this mistake and I want to make it right.

Kind regards,
Ramsey

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

A lovely family run motel. Room was 70's retro, amazingly clean. Good curtains that stopped the early morning sun coming in. Although on a main route, it's set back so I wasn't bothered by noise. Just a 10 minute walk to the harbor. Would definitely go back if I was in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Ali7115
Reviewed 23 August 2016

While much of the décor is dated, it was clean and well maintained. There is free wifi and it includes breakfast. This little motel is walkable to downtown and meets the need for a place to sleep. If you are looking for modern furnishings and amenities, this place is not for you.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler0402
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We have stayed at this motel on several occasions, but last time was about 15 years ago. It is still exactly the same. Pool is clean and heated, rooms are clean and air conditioned, included breakfast is coffee, juice, English muffin or bagel or mini muffins if you get there before they are gone. The 87 year old owner is an absolute trip! Comes out every morning to visit with the guests. The location is perfect -- walking distance to the piers if you are young enough -- getting there is easy, coming back is all uphill! And, the price is definitely right. I'd go there again and will send others.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the pool are more convenient to the breakfast room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed 14 October 2015

This cute little motel is located in Boothbay Harbor - parking right outside your door, and easy access to downtown area. My room was huge, the bed was comfy, and the tub was long enough for me to stretch my legs out (which doesn't happen often!)

If you're looking for modern or luxurious, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for good value, a clean room, and a comfy bed, it absolutely is!

They also serve a light breakfast on the side porch of their gorgeous home in the morning.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 10 on the end; private and giant!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business