“Wonderful B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Atlantic Ark Inn
Glenn Dale
“Wonderful B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

My wife and I, traveling with another couple, were referred to this property by another local B&B...and we were so glad they did! It was charming in all respects, warm and inviting. Donna, the owner, greated us on arrival, who introduced us to her staff, Devon and Michelle. They were wonderful and very helpful with anything we needed. Our room, Tranquility, was well appointed, very comfortable and clean(as was the entire inn), with a great view of the harbor. Breakfast was delicious and just what we needed to start the day exploring all the nearby shops and galleries just a short walk across the footbridge into town. Local restuarants were equally good. We highly recommend this inn if your travels take you to Boothbay Harbor.

Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Cumberland Center, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed in the smallest, and yet, romantic room. It was very comfortable. The room possessed a "home" like feeling. Meeting Devon and Michelle was very pleasent. They were curtious with their smile and hospitality. The B&B is 5 glorious walking minutes away from the foot bridge. It is conviently located around several attractions. We enjoyed waking up in the morning and eating a beautiful and appealing breakfast, all-the-while, having conversations with the staff and the other guests around the world. After our day of various excursions, it was nice to come back and feast on cheese and crackers. Overall, our stay was pleasent and romantic. We plan on traveling back to Boothbay Harbor next summer, and we will be staying at this perfect B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bath, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the inn for a couple of nights right after Labor Day. Our room was the "Bliss" on the third floor. Beautiful view of harbor from queen size bed and small balcony. Very comfortable furniture and bed. Very nice bathroom with jacuzzi tub, but no shower, which was ok, but a little surprising. The inn is decorated with antiques, very tastefully done, in my opinion. Not loaded with knick knacks, pillows, etc. Very clean establishment! . And the breakfasts were very good.; cooked by Devon, the innkeeper. Very good restaurants we could walk to and footbridge into town is just short distance walk. We would definitely recommend this inn to anyone.

Room Tip: I only know that our room the "Bliss" had a harbor view, on the third floor. Possiblyn a...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chisholm, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We didn't see much of the owner (Donna) but her staff was always available and Very, VERY helpful.
My wife absolutely loved the cheese and crackers set out in the afternoon, the treats made fresh every evening and the breakfast's were fit for royalty!! I have never seen a meal where I wanted to take a picture and show it to my friends!! Until this trip!

At first I was nervous about the breakfast's because of some of the reviews I had read about being strictly vegetarian as I am a big meat eater! But my nerves were calmed after the first morning. There wasn't any meat, but Holy moly can they cook. I have never seen a meal where I wanted to take a picture and show it to my friends!! Until this trip!

The staff is originally from Jamaica and I was just there last year and I can tell you Donna must've stole the best cook from the Island!! I definately plan on returning to Maine and when I do you can bet I'll be taking a trip up to the Atlantic Ark Inn and staying for a couple!!
I would recommend to anyone!!

ROOM= A+ (GREAT VIEW)
STAFF=A+
EXPERIENCE= OF A LIFETIME!

Thank youz for a GREAT HONEYMOON!!

Room Tip: The Bliss was awesome!! High ceilings, spacious, the spa/tub and walk out terrace were very romantic...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The stay was fabulous, the room was great, breakfast was a treat. We had such a relaxing week end in Boothbay Harbor.

Room Tip: If you wan the maximum romantic experience stay in
      Sleep Quality