“You must have the lobster crepes... ”

Boathouse Bistro Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

If you come to this bistro, you must try the award winning lobster crepes - they are to die for..... Great vegetarian food and I had the Irish Whiskey cocktail which was fab. Broad menu and helpful staff. Highly recommended

Reviewed 20 September 2017

It wasa foggy night, so no need to climb to the 3rd floor deck.
We sat on the second floor. It was a little warm and humid but not bad. Our waitress was a treat and our food was very good. i had the stuffed lobster tail. It was delicous. My husband had the scallops risotto. The flavors were a little unbalanced, the sweet versus the barbeque sauce but overall very tasty. Would return and try other things.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

My senior mom and wife and I had a wonderful dinner of clam chowder, seafood stew and perfectly prepared sides of spinach and brussel sprouts. The service was superb too.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We arrived at 2:15 pm and climbed the stairs to the 3rd floor requesting one of the 2 available tables. We were offered a seat at the bar with our back to the view and told those tables were set aside for 3-4 people. There was no one waiting, no one coming up behind us. They were not reserved. So I hope those tables were empty until dinner. We went elsewhere!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is one of our favorite go to's in Boothbay Harbor. Besides the top deck seating overlooking the harbor, the service is great.
Tonight, I had the scrumptious "seafood stew" which has haddock, shrimp, scallops and lobster in a light tomato broth perfectly seasoned to highlight the flavors of the seafood. The portions in this meal are better than average and so delicious! My husband had the salmon which was also a good size portion. The veggies included bokchoy and seasoned seaweed. He did not like the veggies but I thought they were delicious ( more a matter of taste here than preparation).
Their tapas choices are good and well prepared but portions are smaller than what a man might choose ( unless you get many choices). I have to give this the highest rating possible due to the all round quality of the experience.
Worth the trip!