“Dinner”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A piece of authentic Maine history, The Thistle Inn still stands as a place to gather and celebrate what makes life all the more worth living: great food, great company, and a home away from home. Originally built in 1861 for a prominent sea captain, our restaurant and Inn embody the unique period character of Maine’s past, with updated fixtures for modern comfort. From our seaside favorites to our world-class wine list, our menu is an exploration of classic coastal cuisine prepared with nature’s freshest ingredients. Guests looking to extend their visit will find six different lodging options at their fingertips, and the best of Boothbay Harbor just a short walk from their quarters. Whether it’s a meal that brings you to us, or an escape to our quaint Inn, we invite you to relax, stay awhile, and soak up some true downeast hospitality.
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Had the most lovely dinner outside on the patio at the Thistle Inn. I hadn’t been in several years and I was very impressed. I had the baked haddock and it was awesome. The grilled Caesar salad was amazing. I highly recommend this for a nice high end dinner in Boothbay.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I and another couple just had a wonderful dinner at Thistle Inn in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. I had the clam chowder, which was thick and flavorful, and my entree was the filet mignonette. I am very picky about how any beef is seasoned and I prefer it done medium rare. The filet was outstanding!
My wife had the summer salad and a tuna entree which both were also fantastic.
Our waiter was attentive and offered guidance as to what plates would suit our preferences. The ambiance was very nice- an old-style building with a very comfortable air.
For dessert, my wife enjoyed their peanut butter pie. Wow!
The prices were very reasonable and the experience memorable. The couple we went with felt the same way. We all look forward to a repeat performance!

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant looks like a Tudor house with small rooms and outside dining. A pleasant place to eat.

Our server and crew were very attentive and professional. Couldn’t ask for more. I asked for a Shandy to drink and specified 60% beer, 40% 7-Up. Came perfect.

We had just appetizers. Calamari, Crab Cakes, Mussels, and Caesar’s Salads. All were visually appealing and good.

If your looking for a relaxing dinner in BBH, this is it.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Went for dinner with friends and had salads to start and fish entree.
The kitchen knows how to deliver good salmon, interesting salads and has a nice wine list. Worth looking at if you are in central Boothbay.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Went here on a recommendation, but wth little expectations as it looks like another mediocre, old time New England Inn. But I am open to being surprised and Thistle Inn did not disappoint. There are several small dining rooms, all dark and wood paneled. But the food and the cocktails light up the place. We had the roasted eggplant appetizer and for entrees we shared the seared yellow fin tuna and the blackened salmon. WOW. Not only were both dishes cooked to perfection but the serving were quite large. The cocktails were both inventive and tasty. So ENJOY I know you will.