All reviews foot bridge bus trip great view lobster fire pit an older hotel awesome location first floor the general manager bit dated enjoy the view water view cleaning staff clean rooms shops and restaurants breakfast room downtown area
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This was my second trip to BBHI. The inn is not as dazzling as many other “city” hotels, the carpets ugly, sliders all broken, and food basic, but I am giving a very good rating because it provides a great location, clean room, normal amenities, kind service, comfy beds and a good night’s sleep. Plus a hairdryer, shampoos, and WiFi. Above all is the location, a walk across the bridge gets you to shops, cruises, and nightlife. I’ll go back for sure.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2018

As a transplant and year round resident of BBH for close to a decade, I have seen alot of changes in the past 8 years. There is nothing that has saddened me more than going to the Boothbay harbor inn after memorial day for sunset, cocktails and KEVIN get the heck out KILEY on the piano to find the restaurant closed and Kevin NOT THERE!!!!! Huge mistake for LaFayette Corp. Seriously a lost gem of the summer experience-I am so not happy about the choice to cease dinner service and Kevin- and miss the guiding bright light of Patrick in the kitchen! I hope you will re-consider for next year.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alijah F
Ramsey L, Regional Manager at Boothbay Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

We're so sorry you don't like some of our updates and changes. We are focusing more on events in our dining space and do not want to disrupt restaurant business when we need to close for events which happens dozens of times a year now. Kevin does still play periodically and we are still an awesome spot for cocktail service. We have limited hours in the early and late season. We are open 4-9 during our peak season and half price cocktails from 4-6 everyday! We still have appetizers available if you just want to relax and enjoy the sunset, but are no longer running a full service restaurant. Patrick unfortunately left town a number of years ago. We certainly miss him too!!

If you have questions about events or business hours please just call the inn at 207 633 6302. We don't want to let you down again!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The waterfront location, near the "Footbridge" is a great location that provides a peaceful atmosphere and a beautiful view. The restaurant served good food at dinner; the continental breakfast, which included warm food, was very nice as well. The management seems to care a great deal about providing quality accommodations.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Great location just next to the harbor footbridge that takes you directly downtown. Hotel definitely requires more than a little updating but was clean, comfortable, and quiet. We stayed in a standard room in garden area which did not offer water views but a 20 second walk to back lawn offers a great waterfront view. Nice fire pit. Breakfast was more than a "continental" offering and although not a gourmet experience, was a pleasant surprise. Rooms were pretty standard, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

RM 121, 7/6-7/8. Upon entering our room for the first time, we noticed an odor of urine from the bathroom. We noticed a small puddle of old urine on top of the backside of the toilet bowl. It was clearly visible under the seat. When advising the front office in person and requesting housekeeping, the lady abruptly stated housekeeping had gone home for the day. Without saying another word she stepped into the back office and began flipping through a binder. I assume it contained the housekeeping personnel schedule. She still didn't further acknowledge me until I asked if the problem could be corrected immediately as my wife and I were stepping out for the evening. She acknowledged it would be cleaned. Upon returning hours later, the toilet was clean. The interaction between myself and office staff could have been more hospitable considering the circumstances. She never apologized or seemed concerned. An apology would've meant the world since I fully understand it wasn't HER responsibility for the actual cleaning. The Keurig machine in our room was broken. The ceiling fan in the bathroom was only secured on one side with the other side out of the insert. The grout on the bathroom floor tile was green. The air intake side of the wall mounted hairdryer was full of dust and lint. Our friends in RM117 noted that their room was very musty smelling and their microwave didn't work. I've stayed in rooms <$100 a night that were at least clean, and not falling completely apart with little to no other amenities. Our friends were completely horrified of the conditions since I had personally told them that the Boothbay Harbor Inn was a great place to stay. It has been 2 years since we have stayed there and in those 2 years, it looks like the place is falling apart. So very dissapointed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple