“plan our Maine trip around Bets season”
Review of Bet's Fish Fry

Bet's Fish Fry
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Boothbay
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 31 August 2018

my husband and i have been going here for the last 6 years....we even plan our motorcycle trip around their season... i live on the North Fork of Long Island where fresh seafood is abundant...but its nothing compared to Bet's .. and we cant say enough about how friendly Bets and everyone else is...

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Went along for the ride because I don't eat fried fish but my husband loves it.
Portions are huge so he kept asking me to just try it. I did and have to say it is the best I have ever tasted.
French fries were underneath fish and they were soggy. There was enough for a family of four!
Picnic table style makes for sharing with other folks and most often pleasant conversation .

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch and both ordered the fish sandwich. The portions were large and the fish was fried in a lighter oil (wasn’t greasy).

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We stopped at Bets per recommendation, and so glad we did. It's a grandmother, mother and daughter operation. These ladies know how to work a casual restaurant in a very busy tourist area of Maine. The portions are perfect. The seasonings they use are spot on and the fish is quality haddock cooked to perfection. try the dill sauce. Soo gooood. To ensure quality and handmade preparations, they are limited on the times-days they are opened. Kudos and keep on trucking ladies. we'll be back.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Read the reviews, in the mood for fish over lobster today. Lucky enough to get a parking spot, order my HALF (thankfully) with those delish fries to take away, in less than 5 minutes!! Handed a piping hot bowl of fish n chips, fish was folded in half and still hung over the sides, but the BEST I’ve ever had. Light coating and fresh, fresh fish!
Best, (maybe only) $9 lunch in town!