“Great location, food on the heavy side”

Buffleheads Restaurant & Mkt
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Biddeford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2011

If you're not particular about cholesterol and calories, I'd recommend lunch at Buffleheads. The staff is very nice, portions are huge, fries are exceptionally good, and prices reasonable. Dinner prices are hefty and in my opinion you don't get much value for the money. I was disappointed in the lack of lighter fare. On a hot summer day, I'd appreciate something that wasn't smothered in melted cheese or a cheese sauce (as much as I like cheese). The Buffleheads dinner of "summer chicken" is a whole breast of chicken swimming in a thick soup of cheese, the flavors of which do not complement the other. The dinner salmon was likewise smothered in a heavy sauce and hadn't been sufficiently deboned. The corn on the cob was either old or overcooked (starchy, flavorless) hadn't been properly cleaned and had tons of silk clinging to it, not just a few stray pieces. Considering that the corn was plopped into the sauce on the plate it was hard to remove the hairs before buttering and eating it. The baked potato served with the meal was OK, but corn and potato on the same plate - both starches - with no vegetable? Not a good choice. Serving extra huge portions does not make up for lack of quality in preparation. All in all, I might return for lunch sometime, but not for dinner.

1  Thank MaineWeekender
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I know - how does one get excited about a tuna melt, right? Well, order the tuna melt at Buffleheads and you'll understand. The service can be a bit slow, but it's also not promoting itself as a fast-food restaurant. It's very friendly, the owner is usually "in the store" and the food is fantastic... especially the tuna melt!

1  Thank Sir_Topham_hatt
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We hade two meals during our weeklong stay- one comfortable evening on the deck and one take-out meal. Five of us were more than satisfied. All meals were good portions, value and tasty!
Our waitress was friendly, efficient and accommodating. The owner remembered us when we returned for take-out.

Reviewed 20 August 2009

Casual atmosphere .... Two of us had the Seafood Alfredo - awesome, not too much Alfredo sauce to cover all the seafood and the portion was large. We also had the Stuffed Haddock - which was also great but the portion was a bit on the small side. it would have been nice if it would have come with a salad to start. The brownie sundae for dessert was GREAT!

Reviewed 12 July 2008

My wife and I having been traveling to Maine for fifteen years and Buffleheads has become one of our favorite places to eat. The lobster rolls are amazing, as are the daily specials. We've never had a bad meal. The food is always fresh, the service fast and friendly, and the location charming. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great food.

Been to Buffleheads Restaurant & Mkt? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK