All reviewsjohn and jeanettefrench toastliving roomeggsgracious hostscookiessunday riverdelicious breakfasthis wifeground coffeesouthern hospitalitybaked goodsmain streetother guestsnew englanda lovely staycould not have been more
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Laurence and Marsha are excellent hosts. Make you feel right at home. Room was very nice. Shower in our room a little small. Had a great time talking w/ rest of guest about days travels. Breakfast was very good. I'ld stay here again.

Room Tip: Talk w/ owners and check web site for pictures to help decide right room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had a warm feeling when we walked in and an even wamer feeling when we left. Marcia and Lawrence were amazing hosts. Their attention to detail is exquisite. Breakfast was perfect. Overall, it was a magical weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Lawrence and Marcia made us feel very much at home. Two nights were not enough to try all the breakfast choices, nor make me ready to leave. Breakfast was the best! Best scones, best Fench toast, best bacon, best coffee... This fabulous B&B is close to The Artist's Bridge, lovely water falls in Grafton Notch State Park, and we even drove up Mt Washington one afternoon. Vacation destination!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We were traveling in Maine as leaf peepers. Searched for a B and B in The White Mountains of New Hampshire. Since it is a very busy time most places were full, so I expanded my radius and found this delightful Inn. The house is filled with antiques ; very quaint and New England. The hosts,Laurence and Marcia are both very warm and helpful. Each morning we were awakened by the smell of fresh coffee; the best of our entire trip. Since Laurence, our humorous host comes from England, there is a varied assortment of teas available all day. Breakfast was delicious! Fresh pressed apple juice,assorted fruits,cereals and yogurts. That was just the beginning. As we looked at the menu of hot options, we enjoyed homemade scones. The hot option options included fresh local eggs,any style, bacon,turkey bacon and sausage, and French toast made from HOMEADE CINAMMON BREAD with real maple syrup. My husband proclaimed this the best he had ever eaten. I agree. To summarize a wonderful stay with all of our needs and desires fully met.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Relying solely on the basis of laudatoryTrip Advisor guest reviews, I made a reservation here, fingers crossed. I was not disappointed. Indeed, this proved to be an unparalleled B&B experience over all. The innkeepers -- Laurence and Marcia Austin -- are wonderful. They are warm and welcoming, accommodating almost to a fault, gracious and fun to be around. By no means the least factor in awarding this hostel a top rating is the complimentary breakfast.

Guests select from a different menu every day, able to mix and match as many as a dozen different items, and the meal is custom-prepared. I had the French toast two mornings in a row. It was the best I have ever tasted.

Because there was a vacancy my first night, Laurence offered to upgrade me to the fanciest of the six rooms -- the only one with a TV. It is a throwback model -- a small, CRT, color set -- provided almost as a lone concession to modern-day electronic "concessions." Indeed, no electronic devices (laptops, cellphones, etc.) are permitted in the breakfast room. Yea!

The house, built in 1902, is decorated period-correct, meaning lots of foo-foo decor. Not my personal taste, but it is appropriate. The rooms are large and quiet. Each has a private bath.

The neighborhood is so safe that the Austins never lock the front door (oops, maybe I should not be going public with this "tidbit".:-)

The inn is clean and tidy, but not at the expense of comfort and a laid-back atmosphere.

Thanks to its location in the village, several good restaurants are within easy walking distance.

Whether it's business or pleasure that takes you to the Bethel area, do yourself a favor and book a room at the Holidae House. It will be an experience that promises to put a smile on your face and one that you will not soon forget. Oh, yes, and the rates are very reasonable.

Room Tip: If, as did I, you visit during "leaf-peeper" season (fall foliage), book as early as you can.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo