See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel should remove their carpet. Old ashtray smell is covered by too much Febreez, which gave me a headache. The bathroom have been renovated but the room has an old fashion look and badly need some home staging
The staff agreed to cancel our second night stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Mary H, Manager at Admiral's Ocean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

I apologies for any issues with your room. As we discussed when you checked in the carpets had been replaced recently, as we are renovating. I was unable to smell any odors in the room and the rooms are non smoking. Since I was unable to smell an odor, I offered to cancel the reservation for you for that night. The main guest on the reservation said no it was fine. We have not had any other complaints or issues with the odors in that room or others. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

We had booked a room at another hotel in town, but we were turned away from there because apparently a VISA debit card and cash money aren't good enough to pay for a night at that establishment. So we took a drive down the road to find a hotel. We found the Admirals Ocean inn. At first, it looked kinda cute and a lil rundown, but it had some charm. Then we got into our room. Hairs in the bed, nasty mini fridge and shower, burns on the carpet. The worst part was when I went to brush my teeth in the morning, after not sleeping a wink because the bed was shaped like a bowl, the sink started backing up... and then the ramen noodles started coming up OUT OF THE DRAIN. Ew. We left at that very moment. I'd have rather slept in my car and saved $70.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2014

We stayed a half hour and left all I can say is gross and LOUD..... The guest that were there looked as though they lived there the room next to us had a plant hanging up in the window. The sink and toilet were green enameled. The bed had hair all threw it. The floors were not vaccumed and visibly soiled. There were a lot of kids running and screaming we even had 1 boy on a skateboard ride by and stop to look in the window. The rooms are so noisy could hear every move the neighbor made! Not a great place to stay wish we could of got a refund!

Room Tip: Go up or down the road to the Gull Motel much better place
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeannie B
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Positively disgusting! I know they say you get what you pay for but surely this place is breaking some health guidelines?! The carpet was visibly filthy - littered with debris and was sticky to the bottom of one's shoes (I refused to take my shoes off!) the walls were dirty and the electrical sockets were hanging out of one wall. The sheets were cigarette burned all over and we couldn't even bring ourselves to sleep under the sheets. The shower was very moldy and the furniture upholstering was all ripped. After finding this place online, we actually left a day earlier because we could not spend another night in this place even if it meant sleeping in the car, thankfully, we didn't have to do either. Avoid this place at all cost; paying a bit more at any of the neighboring motels will be worth every penny.

Room Tip: Don't stay here; you get what you pay for and every cent paid at a slightly more expensive motel nearby will be well worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meghan R
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We need up here around 10:30 pm, tired and desperate for a bed. The owner was kind and friendly and the room was well it was a room with a bed. Nothing more. The location is nice enough, on hwy 1 en route to Acadia national park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple