“Friendly, unpretentious, good value and delicious lobster”

Dockside Family Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 64 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We didn't plan ahead and were looking for a good lobster dinner at the last minute this weekend. We were on our way to Nautilus, which we had heard mixed reviews of, and we saw Dockside on our way, looking warm and inviting. The staff welcomed us and the service was outstanding--friendly and quick and attentive. This family-run place seemed to only have locals eating there and the prices were very reasonable. My boyfriend had the haddock dinner and thought it was excellent, and he also got a bowl of lobster stew that had beautiful large chunks of fresh lobster in it--too creamy for my taste, but he loved it. I had a plain boiled lobster that was perfectly DELICIOUS, just what I was craving! Salad, broccoli, and baked potato on the side were all delicious, and they had a pretty nice wine selection too for about $6 a glass. The ambiance was so pleasant, the music not too loud, and we were grateful to have lucked out with what turned out to be a wonderful choice of restaurant for our taste buds and budget. I would certainly recommend it!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The sign on the bar says: Lousy food, slow service..... Sadly, it was pretty accurate. We sat next to couple that just ordered chowder. 20 minutes later, it arrived. We had a similar experience with our chowder, which came after theirs. Our main dish came another 20 minutes later after I inquired on the status. The waitress did not apologize for the slow service. Would not recommend if you have any time constraints.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We started with buffalo tenders with blue cheese dressing and we were very impressed. It tasted fresh and homemade. My husband ordered a burger and I had a calzone. The burger was good but the calzone was disappointing. It was freshly made but the crust was not evenly rolled out and the filling was just in the center not evenly spread. I felt like I ate too much crust. I would go back to try them again.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Came here for a dinner date with the mrs. Food tastes like it was frozen and the prices are sky high. Service was freindly. Decor is dated. Parking is difficult.

1  Thank Cubicalflyer
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Good food and very nice views from deck . Been there a few times had a variety of food and it was all good. Prices average for area. Difinitly a great place to go.