All reviewsfront deskhot tubclose to the airportroom was cleanwafflesindoor poolgas stationfree breakfastbreakfast areawaffle makerbar harborstayed here for one nightoff the highwaycookieswould definitely stay here againsausageup to date
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

How are stay at the Fairfield Marriott. The attendant was very pleasant and professional, the room was exactly what we asked for, an excellent price. The room is very clean and comfortable, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
Krystal W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Aaron,
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay:) Please come back and see us soon!
Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I have stayed at this hotel regularly for about 4 years. Its slipping down the scale in my opinion.

Examples: We used to receive our choice of the Bangor paper or USA Today. That perk was eliminated even for high level Marriott Rewards members. Staff turnover has been high. Regular employees frequently work without days off to fill in.

Weekends can be a real zoo at this hotel. Its probably great for families due to the availability of the year round pool. No so great for weekend business travelers.

The hotel recently replaced all TVS with 50 inch flat screens. They are great but the are somewhat rendered ineffective due unavailability of HD signal or an interactive channel guide.

Internet speed is acceptable, but the server will boot you off after it detects more than a minute of inactivity, thus requiring the user to sign in again or reconnect.

I am to the point that I would choose another hotel when my employer can negotiate rates.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor on the interstate side, which is near the pool, on weekends.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JPClaytor
Krystal W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Good Morning JPClaytor,
I apologize for not responding sooner to your response, after reading your review of the property, it seems my staff might not have been able to answer your questions or we didn't fill what you were looking for here at the Fairfield Inn. I hope you can allow me to correct these concerns with hopes that might change your mind for future stays. First off, let me say, we really enjoy your business and we are in the process of a few changes here on property. Unfortunately, our company changed the policy on the newspapers and that I cannot fix but if you contacted me directly I would love to solve that issue for you. The property is quite crazy on the weekends, especially during tournament time, and if you request (with my fabulous staff) they would love to make sure you are not near the groups in house. We are in the process of switching the TV's over to HD with hopes this will be corrected soon. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or issues you might have. Hopefully you continue to choose us as we looking forward to some really great changes!
Krystal

Reviewed 10 February 2018

My Husband and I enjoyed our visit to Bango, ME the last week in January 2017. Tourico Vacations booked our accommodations, and saved us a bundle of money. The hotel is spotless, and the rooms are very nice, and the Staff went out of their way to assist us. We will definitely visit the Fairfield Inn in Bangor again.

Thanks Tourico!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
50  Thank Karen H
Megan D, Operations Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Karen H,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I'm so glad to hear that your room was clean and up to standards and that you found our front desk staff to be so helpful. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the Bangor area!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Very pleased with our stay at the Fairfield Inn Bangor. Friendly service, newly refurbished room that was clean. Breakfast was typical of Fairfield Inns with a nice selection. Coffee and cookies were a treat during the day. Room was a bit on the smaller side but had a lovely bathroom with lots of counter space. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Megan D, Operations Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Louolym,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and am so pleased to hear that everything was up to standards! We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future. We'll have the cookies waiting for you!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Our rom was clean and ready even though we arrived early. Bed was comfy. Front desk clerk Alicia was amazing and extremely helpful. She went above and beyond to make a reservation for our next stop and managed to secure a better rate. She printed off confirmation and delivered directly to our room. Found wine glasses for us which meant we did not need to use plastic. The breakfast was very good, great selection, hot and plentiful. Tea, coffee and flavoured water available all the time. Very good, pleasant stay mainly thanks to Alicia.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Bernice D,

I am so delighted to hear that Alicia was so helpful to you upon arrival and thereafter. I'm glad that she was able to assist you with booking your next reservation to make your travels a little easier. It's our goal to go above and beyond for our guests and it sounds like she did an excellent job! I will be sure to personally thank her for you. We hope to see you again if you find yourself in the Bangor area!

Kind Regards,